Hatfield Heritage fair
RESIDENTS will get the chance to look through old photos of Welwyn Hatfield, handle historic objects and mill flour the old-fashioned way at a heritage fair.
Being held in Hatfield town centre tomorrow (Saturday), to coincide with the traditional farmers’ market, the event will also be helping residents to learn more about being green.
On between 10am and 3pm, the Welwyn Hatfield Heritage Forum will feature the Friends of Welwyn Hatfield Museums, Hatfield Local Studies Office and the Hatfield Heritage Vehicle Society, which will be bringing a selection of vintage motors along too.
At the environmental show there will be lots of information on energy-saving, recycling and food waste reduction, plus lots of competitions, prizes and freebies.
All this is in addition to the September farmers’ market; which has around 55 stalls selling fresh produce and crafts.
You may also want to watch:
The market opens at 9am in White Lion Square.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Thanks Dad! WHT readers send 2,500 Father's Day messages
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield