Hatfield funeral firm wins top award
A FUNERAL director in Hatfield has scooped a prestigious award.
J J Burgess & Sons, of The Common, was named Golden Charter Regional Funeral Planner of the Year for the North London and East England region.
The award was for the firm’s “dedication and commitment in providing an outstanding service to the community”.
Justin and Margaret Burgess travelled to Brands Hatch in Kent to collect the award on behalf of the company.
In addition to the silver salver and framed certificate from Golden Charter, the Woodland Trust dedicated a stand of trees in J J Burgess & Sons’s name at Penn Wood, Buckinghamshire, in recognition of their achievement.
You may also want to watch:
J J Burgess & Sons was judged as a regional winner from more than 1,500 other funeral businesses which exclusively offer Golden Charter funeral plans, the largest funeral-planning network in the UK.
Margaret Burgess said: “I am delighted to receive this award.
- 1 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
- 2 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 3 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 4 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 5 Liam Gallagher sells out his two Knebworth Park 2022 shows
- 6 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 7 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
“The award pays tribute to all the hard work put into the business by and the dedication and professionalism of all my colleagues.”
Ronnie Wayte, managing director of Golden Charter said: “This is the 18th year of the particular awards, and each year it becomes more difficult to choose a winner.
“Through these awards Golden Charter has been able to recognise personal excellence and professional commitment in one of the most difficult and challenging areas of serving the public.”
“J J Burgess & Sons, have set the standard for this and following years, and we are delighted to recognise this achievement.”