Hatfield flats shortlisted for national award
A HOUSING development in Hatfield has been recognised at a national awards ceremony in London. The Forum, a three block, 84-flat development in Lemsford Road, was one of three finalists in
A HOUSING development in Hatfield has been recognised at a national awards ceremony in London.
The Forum, a three block, 84-flat development in Lemsford Road, was one of three finalists in the Best Development Partnership category at the 2009 Affordable Home Ownership Awards
The project was shortlisted as an example of an effective housing partnership between Welwyn Hatfield Council, developer St Modwen, the Homes and Communities Agency and Metropolitan Housing Partnership.
Although The Forum did not win, councillor Roger Trigg, executive member for housing said: "To be shortlisted in this category is testament to the dedicated support of the partnership to meet their objective, and how they worked together to deliver a truly superb development for Hatfield.
You may also want to watch:
"It's just a shame that we didn't win!
- 1 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 2 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 3 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 4 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
- 5 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 6 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 7 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 8 Robot assists with cancer operations at Lister Hospital
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Lessons from Auschwitz: Why we must keep talking about the Holocaust