Hatfield flats shortlisted for national award
A HOUSING development in Hatfield has been recognised at a national awards ceremony in London. The Forum, a three block, 84-flat development in Lemsford Road, was one of three finalists in
A HOUSING development in Hatfield has been recognised at a national awards ceremony in London.
The Forum, a three block, 84-flat development in Lemsford Road, was one of three finalists in the Best Development Partnership category at the 2009 Affordable Home Ownership Awards
The project was shortlisted as an example of an effective housing partnership between Welwyn Hatfield Council, developer St Modwen, the Homes and Communities Agency and Metropolitan Housing Partnership.
Although The Forum did not win, councillor Roger Trigg, executive member for housing said: "To be shortlisted in this category is testament to the dedicated support of the partnership to meet their objective, and how they worked together to deliver a truly superb development for Hatfield.
You may also want to watch:
"It's just a shame that we didn't win!
- 1 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 2 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 3 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 4 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 5 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 6 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 9 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told
- 10 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday