Hatfield flats evacuated after car blaze
TWENTY people have been evacuated from a block of flats in Hatfield after a blaze in its underground car park.
Eight fire crews, police and an ambulance are currently on the scene in Mosquito Way following a car fire in the basement.
The emergency services were called at 4.30pm today (Monday).
One man in his late thirties who has asthma and breathing difficulties was treated by paramedics.
Resident Saskia Patel, 21, told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “There was smoke everywhere.
You may also want to watch:
“It was in our flat but we managed to run out.”
Andy Litras, maintenance manager of the block of flats, added: “When we got the phone call we came straight round but obviously first and foremost our concern is the safety of the tenants.”
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 9 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 10 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
There were no other injuries.