Hatfield flats evacuated after car blaze
TWENTY people have been evacuated from a block of flats in Hatfield after a blaze in its underground car park.
Eight fire crews, police and an ambulance are currently on the scene in Mosquito Way following a car fire in the basement.
The emergency services were called at 4.30pm today (Monday).
One man in his late thirties who has asthma and breathing difficulties was treated by paramedics.
Resident Saskia Patel, 21, told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “There was smoke everywhere.
You may also want to watch:
“It was in our flat but we managed to run out.”
Andy Litras, maintenance manager of the block of flats, added: “When we got the phone call we came straight round but obviously first and foremost our concern is the safety of the tenants.”
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 4 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 5 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 6 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 9 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 10 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
There were no other injuries.