Hatfield flats evacuated after car blaze
TWENTY people have been evacuated from a block of flats in Hatfield after a blaze in its underground car park.
Eight fire crews, police and an ambulance are currently on the scene in Mosquito Way following a car fire in the basement.
The emergency services were called at 4.30pm today (Monday).
One man in his late thirties who has asthma and breathing difficulties was treated by paramedics.
Resident Saskia Patel, 21, told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “There was smoke everywhere.
You may also want to watch:
“It was in our flat but we managed to run out.”
Andy Litras, maintenance manager of the block of flats, added: “When we got the phone call we came straight round but obviously first and foremost our concern is the safety of the tenants.”
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 3 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 4 What time will the election results come in?
- 5 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 8 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 9 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 10 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
There were no other injuries.