Hatfield flats evacuated after car blaze
TWENTY people have been evacuated from a block of flats in Hatfield after a blaze in its underground car park.
Eight fire crews, police and an ambulance are currently on the scene in Mosquito Way following a car fire in the basement.
The emergency services were called at 4.30pm today (Monday).
One man in his late thirties who has asthma and breathing difficulties was treated by paramedics.
Resident Saskia Patel, 21, told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “There was smoke everywhere.
You may also want to watch:
“It was in our flat but we managed to run out.”
Andy Litras, maintenance manager of the block of flats, added: “When we got the phone call we came straight round but obviously first and foremost our concern is the safety of the tenants.”
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 7 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 8 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 9 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 10 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
There were no other injuries.