Hatfield firm launches �5 notes only ATMs
An ATM operator has launched a network of free cash machines that only dispense �5 notes.
Hatfield-based group Bank Machine today (Monday) installed 21 cash machines across the country that only give out fivers, regardless of how much money is withdrawn.
The company said the move enabled people to withdraw smaller sums, helping them to budget easier.
Ron Delnevo, managing director of Bank Machine, in The Beacons, said: “We believe these unique fiver-only machines will be of huge benefit to both the public and businesses.
“The measures outlined in the latest Budget mean we all need to be more aware and more in control of how much we are spending.
You may also want to watch:
“Easy access to �5 notes will help give us all more control by, for example, allowing less cash to be taken out of ATMs at each visit.”
He added: “You can’t spend what you don’t have in your wallet!”
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 5 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
- 10 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
The introduction of the network of free-to-use machines follows a pilot, in London, of two ATMs that only dispense �5 notes.
Bank Machine said these machines were currently putting around 100,000 �5 notes into circulation each month and, according to the Bank of England, were helping to meet public demand for more �5 notes.
Andrew Bailey, chief cashier at the Bank of England, said: “Bank Machine’s launch of a network of �5-only ATMs across the UK is a very welcome move.”
The 21 free-to-use machines are located in: Manchester, Stroud, Oakham, Oxford, Cardiff, Paddock Wood, St Mellons, Portsmouth, Strathaven, Axminster, Newton Abbott, Banchory, Swaffham, North Walsham, Penzance, Cannock, Crosby, Beaconsfield, Lower Early, Market Rasen, Fleet.
A spokesman for Bank Machine said after this first wave more machines will be introduced across the country, including Hertfordshire.