Hatfield firefighters hunt cat
A CAT was hunted by firefighters after a blaze ripped through a first-floor flat.
White watch from Hatfield Fire Station raced to fire was at Wood Common just after 9.30pm last Tuesday. Firefighters believe a cooker had been left unattended and although all the occupants had escaped, concern was raised for the pet.
One of the firefighters told the WHT: “Animals have got a fight-or-flight instinct, so nine out of 10 times they get out before humans do.
“Two guys went in with breathing apparatus and hose reels, but they couldn’t find the cat.
“They were shaking the box of biscuits but nothing, we hope it got out before we got there.”
You may also want to watch:
A female resident was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene.
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 5 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 6 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 10 Liam Gallagher sells out his two Knebworth Park 2022 shows