Hatfield family devastated after pet bunnies vanish
TWO baby rabbits have vanished from their home, leaving a family devastated.
It was on the evening of Saturday, October 16, that Beverley Lewis last saw her eight-week old bunnies Poppy and Poppett bounding around in the back garden.
When she went to check on them on Sunday morning, the bob-tailed two had gone, leaving her with just three rabbits instead of five.
The loss has left Beverley’s two daughters Krista, 11 and Carla, 16, completely shocked.
But Beverley is convinced Poppy and Poppett have not been snatched by a hungry fox or bird – and is appealing to residents for information on their whereabouts.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s baffling more than anything,” said Beverley, from Maryland, Hatfield.
“There’s no fur and no sign of a struggle, and a fox wouldn’t take the two stronger babies and leave the weaker two.
- 1 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 2 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Grant Shapps denounces Insulate Britain protesters as 'dangerous and counterproductive'
- 8 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 9 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 10 Hertsmere: 6,000 home development included in Local Plan
“There’s no way they could have got out on their own – and anyway if they had, the other rabbits would have followed.”
“We’ve done a search but nobody’s seen them.
“We would just like the babies back together – if anyone knows where they are.”
Call Beverley on 01707 890106 if you have any information.