There are three candidates in Hatfield East – read below to find out who they are and what they stand for.
This seat is currently held by the Conservative Party.
Labour – Laura Cook, of Wild Hill, Hatfield
I went to school in Hatfield and have lived here for most of my life. I care about the town in which I grew up and I worry Hatfield will be lose services that people rely on due to savage cuts made by our Conservative council.
If elected, I will take the time to listen to residents and ensure I represent the best interests of local people.
You may also want to watch:
I previously worked in an advisory role in the voluntary sector and always responded to enquiries to the best of my abilities. I would do exactly the same as your local councillor.
Liberal Democrat – Lis Meyland-Smith, of Park Meadow, Hatfield
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
Conservative – Bernard Sarson*, of Selwyn Crescent, Hatfield