Hatfield dancers head off to Blackpool
FIVE keen dancers from a Hatfield-based dance school are set to compete in the finals of a prestigious competition this weekend.
Charlie Garwood, Hannah Godfrey, Sophie Penman, Kerri Brennan and Caitlin Cocksedge, all of whom train with Dance-Beat, will be taking part in the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing’s Ballroom & Latin Finals 2009 on Saturday and Sunday.
The event will give the girls, aged between 13 and 17, the chance to take to the floor of Blackpool’s iconic Tower Ballroom, which recently played host to an episode of the hit BBC TV show Strictly Come Dancing.
Dance teacher Nicola Hughes said: “Everybody has worked really hard and I am very proud of their achievements.
“We are all very excited as this is our first year of competitions and are very much looking forward to our weekend at Blackpool.”
You may also want to watch:
Hannah, 17, said: “We are all thrilled to have qualified for the grand finals.
“It will give us an opportunity to compete against the best in the country.”
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 4 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
- 7 Reis Suart becomes first county champion from Welwyn Garden City in over three decades
- 8 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 9 Student union apologises after controversial ‘Solidarity with Palestine’ post
- 10 Mother speaks out after garden centre breastfeeding dispute 'mishandled at every stage'
Charlie, also 17, added: “I am looking forward to dancing at Blackpool as it has so much history and tradition. It’s an amazing experience.
“Bring on the sequins.”
Dance-Beat, which is based at Howe Dell School in The Runway, teaches ballroom and Latin dancing to both adults and children.
For more information call Nicola on 01462 674296