Hatfield dancers head off to Blackpool
FIVE keen dancers from a Hatfield-based dance school are set to compete in the finals of a prestigious competition this weekend.
Charlie Garwood, Hannah Godfrey, Sophie Penman, Kerri Brennan and Caitlin Cocksedge, all of whom train with Dance-Beat, will be taking part in the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing’s Ballroom & Latin Finals 2009 on Saturday and Sunday.
The event will give the girls, aged between 13 and 17, the chance to take to the floor of Blackpool’s iconic Tower Ballroom, which recently played host to an episode of the hit BBC TV show Strictly Come Dancing.
Dance teacher Nicola Hughes said: “Everybody has worked really hard and I am very proud of their achievements.
“We are all very excited as this is our first year of competitions and are very much looking forward to our weekend at Blackpool.”
You may also want to watch:
Hannah, 17, said: “We are all thrilled to have qualified for the grand finals.
“It will give us an opportunity to compete against the best in the country.”
- 1 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 2 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 3 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 4 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 5 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 6 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 9 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 10 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
Charlie, also 17, added: “I am looking forward to dancing at Blackpool as it has so much history and tradition. It’s an amazing experience.
“Bring on the sequins.”
Dance-Beat, which is based at Howe Dell School in The Runway, teaches ballroom and Latin dancing to both adults and children.
For more information call Nicola on 01462 674296