Hatfield Cricketer completes marathon challenge
A CRICKETER bidding to run three marathons in five weeks completed the final leg of his charity challenge in London yesterday. Hatfield Cricket Club captain Richard Hazeldene clocked 3 hours 38 minutes for the Flora London Marathon on Sunday. He had earli
A CRICKETER bidding to run three marathons in five weeks completed the final leg of his charity challenge in London yesterday.
Hatfield Cricket Club captain Richard Hazeldene clocked three hours 38 minutes for the Flora London Marathon on Sunday.
He had earlier completed the Paris Marathon in three hours 35 minutes, on the back of recording a personal best of three hours 31 minutes in Rome last month.
The 43-year-old is aiming to raise �3,500 for the Alzheimer's Society, which he chose after his father was diagnosed with the condition last year.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking to the WHT, Richard said: "This was by far the toughest of all three races.
"The heat was energy-sapping, which reflected in my slowest time of all three marathons, plus I suppose I may have been a bit tired!
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 3 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 6 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 7 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 8 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 9 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 10 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?
"But overall I am simply ecstatic to have completed this challenge in such consistent times and at a pace that has left me extremely satisfied."
Richard, of Stevenage, thanked everybody who has already sponsored him and said donations can still be made by visiting www.justgiving.com/richards335challenge or calling 07811 592349.