Hatfield Cricketer completes marathon challenge
A CRICKETER bidding to run three marathons in five weeks completed the final leg of his charity challenge in London yesterday. Hatfield Cricket Club captain Richard Hazeldene clocked 3 hours 38 minutes for the Flora London Marathon on Sunday. He had earli
A CRICKETER bidding to run three marathons in five weeks completed the final leg of his charity challenge in London yesterday.
Hatfield Cricket Club captain Richard Hazeldene clocked three hours 38 minutes for the Flora London Marathon on Sunday.
He had earlier completed the Paris Marathon in three hours 35 minutes, on the back of recording a personal best of three hours 31 minutes in Rome last month.
The 43-year-old is aiming to raise �3,500 for the Alzheimer's Society, which he chose after his father was diagnosed with the condition last year.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking to the WHT, Richard said: "This was by far the toughest of all three races.
"The heat was energy-sapping, which reflected in my slowest time of all three marathons, plus I suppose I may have been a bit tired!
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 3 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 7 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 8 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 9 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
"But overall I am simply ecstatic to have completed this challenge in such consistent times and at a pace that has left me extremely satisfied."
Richard, of Stevenage, thanked everybody who has already sponsored him and said donations can still be made by visiting www.justgiving.com/richards335challenge or calling 07811 592349.