Hatfield Cricketer completes marathon challenge
A CRICKETER bidding to run three marathons in five weeks completed the final leg of his charity challenge in London yesterday. Hatfield Cricket Club captain Richard Hazeldene clocked 3 hours 38 minutes for the Flora London Marathon on Sunday. He had earli
A CRICKETER bidding to run three marathons in five weeks completed the final leg of his charity challenge in London yesterday.
Hatfield Cricket Club captain Richard Hazeldene clocked three hours 38 minutes for the Flora London Marathon on Sunday.
He had earlier completed the Paris Marathon in three hours 35 minutes, on the back of recording a personal best of three hours 31 minutes in Rome last month.
The 43-year-old is aiming to raise �3,500 for the Alzheimer's Society, which he chose after his father was diagnosed with the condition last year.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking to the WHT, Richard said: "This was by far the toughest of all three races.
"The heat was energy-sapping, which reflected in my slowest time of all three marathons, plus I suppose I may have been a bit tired!
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 From 'the worst zoo in the UK' to popular attraction: Looking back on Paradise Wildlife Park's 37 years
- 5 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 6 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire
- 7 Rogue landlord hit with record £90,000 fine for safety failings
- 8 JD Wetherspoons lists building in town centre for sale
- 9 CCTV appeal after safe containing cash and watches stolen
- 10 Eight vehicles seized after police operation to crack down on crime
"But overall I am simply ecstatic to have completed this challenge in such consistent times and at a pace that has left me extremely satisfied."
Richard, of Stevenage, thanked everybody who has already sponsored him and said donations can still be made by visiting www.justgiving.com/richards335challenge or calling 07811 592349.