Hatfield councillor slammed by opposition
A NO-SHOW councillor has been slammed by opposition members. As reported in this week's WHT Welwyn Hatfield councillor Paul Smith has failed to attend any meetings since November. Liberal democrat leader Tony Skottowe said: ""The sheer arrogance of
A NO-SHOW councillor has been slammed by opposition members.
As reported in this week's WHT Welwyn Hatfield councillor Paul Smith has failed to attend any meetings since November.
Liberal democrat leader Tony Skottowe said: "The sheer arrogance of councillor Paul Smith's response to being outed as the latest Tory councillor to fail turn up to meetings was breathtaking.
"It would be bad enough if he was just getting the normal allowance for doing nothing, but he has the nerve to continue to take his special responsibility allowance as well.
You may also want to watch:
"The sorry record of the Tory party over the last few years has reached new depths with this disgraceful episode.
"Perhaps Cllr Smith might like to donate his special allowance to charity rather than expect residents to subsidise his work for the Tory party all over the UK."
- 1 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 2 Audi and jewellery worth £70K stolen in Hatfield burglary
- 3 Rumoured Halifax closure would leave Hatfield with no banks
- 4 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 5 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 6 Filming taking place at The Galleria shopping centre in Hatfield
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 9 5 films and TV series shot on location at The Galleria shopping centre in Hatfield
- 10 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
He added: "Perhaps the leadership will have the courage to ask for his resignation from the council immediately."
*What do you think? Email the newsdesk