Hatfield councillor slammed by opposition
A NO-SHOW councillor has been slammed by opposition members. As reported in this week's WHT Welwyn Hatfield councillor Paul Smith has failed to attend any meetings since November. Liberal democrat leader Tony Skottowe said: ""The sheer arrogance of
A NO-SHOW councillor has been slammed by opposition members.
As reported in this week's WHT Welwyn Hatfield councillor Paul Smith has failed to attend any meetings since November.
Liberal democrat leader Tony Skottowe said: "The sheer arrogance of councillor Paul Smith's response to being outed as the latest Tory councillor to fail turn up to meetings was breathtaking.
"It would be bad enough if he was just getting the normal allowance for doing nothing, but he has the nerve to continue to take his special responsibility allowance as well.
You may also want to watch:
"The sorry record of the Tory party over the last few years has reached new depths with this disgraceful episode.
"Perhaps Cllr Smith might like to donate his special allowance to charity rather than expect residents to subsidise his work for the Tory party all over the UK."
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 4 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 6 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
He added: "Perhaps the leadership will have the courage to ask for his resignation from the council immediately."
*What do you think? Email the newsdesk