Hatfield councillor slammed by opposition
A NO-SHOW councillor has been slammed by opposition members. As reported in this week's WHT Welwyn Hatfield councillor Paul Smith has failed to attend any meetings since November. Liberal democrat leader Tony Skottowe said: ""The sheer arrogance of
A NO-SHOW councillor has been slammed by opposition members.
As reported in this week's WHT Welwyn Hatfield councillor Paul Smith has failed to attend any meetings since November.
Liberal democrat leader Tony Skottowe said: "The sheer arrogance of councillor Paul Smith's response to being outed as the latest Tory councillor to fail turn up to meetings was breathtaking.
"It would be bad enough if he was just getting the normal allowance for doing nothing, but he has the nerve to continue to take his special responsibility allowance as well.
You may also want to watch:
"The sorry record of the Tory party over the last few years has reached new depths with this disgraceful episode.
"Perhaps Cllr Smith might like to donate his special allowance to charity rather than expect residents to subsidise his work for the Tory party all over the UK."
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 Police disperse large group near the university
- 4 Isabel Hospice closed to new admissions due to staff sickness
- 5 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 6 Post delayed due to staff self-isolating at Royal Mail
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 9 COVID-19: Cases fall by hundreds but still above national average
- 10 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
He added: "Perhaps the leadership will have the courage to ask for his resignation from the council immediately."
*What do you think? Email the newsdesk