Hatfield councillor slammed by opposition
A NO-SHOW councillor has been slammed by opposition members. As reported in this week's WHT Welwyn Hatfield councillor Paul Smith has failed to attend any meetings since November. Liberal democrat leader Tony Skottowe said: ""The sheer arrogance of
A NO-SHOW councillor has been slammed by opposition members.
As reported in this week's WHT Welwyn Hatfield councillor Paul Smith has failed to attend any meetings since November.
Liberal democrat leader Tony Skottowe said: "The sheer arrogance of councillor Paul Smith's response to being outed as the latest Tory councillor to fail turn up to meetings was breathtaking.
"It would be bad enough if he was just getting the normal allowance for doing nothing, but he has the nerve to continue to take his special responsibility allowance as well.
You may also want to watch:
"The sorry record of the Tory party over the last few years has reached new depths with this disgraceful episode.
"Perhaps Cllr Smith might like to donate his special allowance to charity rather than expect residents to subsidise his work for the Tory party all over the UK."
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 3 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 4 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 5 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 6 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 7 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 8 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 9 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 10 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire
He added: "Perhaps the leadership will have the courage to ask for his resignation from the council immediately."
*What do you think? Email the newsdesk