Hatfield con man jailed
A MONEY-LAUNDERING thief who hid thousands of pounds in his car's spare tyre while posing as a courier has been jailed. Hatfield man Abimbola Bakare was involved in the organised theft of mobile phones, as well as both credit card and cheque fraud. The 28
A MONEY-LAUNDERING thief who hid thousands of pounds in his car's spare tyre while posing as a courier has been jailed.
Hatfield man Abimbola Bakare was involved in the organised theft of mobile phones, as well as both credit card and cheque fraud.
The 28-year-old deliberately infiltrated a Hertfordshire courier firm and posed as a legitimate employee, exploiting company procedures to steal phones by the dozen.
Bakare was arrested by City of London Police in November 2007, after officers seized �10,000 concealed in his Mercedes and another �2,500 in his pocket.
You may also want to watch:
He pleaded guilty at Southwark Crown Court, last Friday, to two charges of theft, one of handling stolen goods and one charge of possession of articles for use in fraud.
Bakare, of Walsingham Close, was jailed for two years and eight months.
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
Speaking after the sentencing, temporary detective inspector Nigel Howard said: "This was an extremely pleasing result and it was very rewarding to be able to return funds to the telephone company.