Hatfield Comet air display cancelled due to bad weather
- Credit: Archant
The Comet air display, which would have taken place in Hatfield tomorrow, has been cancelled due to concerns over bad weather.
The Grosvenor House Comet Racer display was due to take place after a special parkrun at Ellenbrook Fields at 9am, but has been cancelled due to the pilots' fears surrounding the forecast.
"It was always going to be weather dependent, but it is hugely disappointing," said Hatfield Town Council leader Lenny Brandon.
"I apologise to everyone who has made arrangements for tomorrow."
Mr Brandon said he is also looking to secure another day when the Comet racer can fly.
You may also want to watch:
Other events, which are part of the 70th anniversary of the de-Havilland Comet celebrations in Hatfield, will go ahead.
Festival Fun and Finale day out at Birchwood Playing Fields is taking place from 1pm tomorrow and includes stage performances, stalls, fun fair, an apex 360 inflatable adventure course and a fireworks finale.
- 1 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Welwyn Garden City Hockey Club pushing for more girls to play in centenary season
- 5 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 6 Heroic dogs win Royal Veterinary College award
- 7 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 8 Welwyn continue meteoric rise up the table as Owais Shah takes centre stage again
- 9 Getting wild at Panshanger Park with Herts and Middlesex Wildlife Trust
- 10 Pupils present cheque from Captain Tom 100 Challenge to charity
A Comet adventure race at Birchwood will also take place on Sunday.