Hatfield centre goes green
A RETAIL hub in Hatfield turned green this week for a special ecological conference.
Twenty two firms, including the Welwyn Hatfield Times, set up stalls at the Galleria, on Friday, to spread advice on how running a more environmentally-friendly business or lifestyle could also help financially.
Organised by Environmental Population to mark the UN’s World Environment Day, the event saw the Comet Way centre split into three separate zones.
In the Your Life Zone passers-by could grab information on green day-to-day living; which included fashion, food and fitness tips, as well as advice on cars, travel, eco communities, charities and schools.
The Your Home Zone focused on how residents and builders could transform dwellings with energy saving products.
You may also want to watch:
The last zone – Your World Theatre – featured a series of 15 minute talks from various businesses.
Sally Taylor, of Environmental Population, a non-profit organisation which helps businesses and households save money and become greener, told the WHT the event was so popular they were already planning for next year.
- 1 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
- 2 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 3 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 4 Liam Gallagher sells out his two Knebworth Park 2022 shows
- 5 Liam Gallagher adds second Knebworth Park show for June 2022
- 6 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 7 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
“We had a steady flow of people throughout the day, so it went very well indeed. The talks were very popular and I think it helped a lot of businesses with getting new things to help make savings.”