Hatfield celebrates the Royal Wedding
BRIDES, grooms, bridesmaids, page boys, the jewels, the flowers, the hats, the coach, the horses, the flags and, of course, the bunting - Hatfield had it all
Both the Jim McDonald Centre and the Galleria went Royal Wedding mad over the weekend.
The shopping outlet marked the occasion with a workshop where children could recreate their own Royal Wedding from Saturday to Monday.
The ‘Kings and Queens’ arts and craft workshop at the Comet Way outlet saw the children make their own dresses, jewels, flowers, hats, flags and bunting and much, much more while their parents headed around the shops.
On the day itself however residents headed down to the Jim McDondald community centre to enjoy a Royal Wedding fancy dress party.
You may also want to watch:
The hall was adorned in bunting and flags for the occasion, which featured a sherry reception and buffet, a Cockney band, and the regal version of Housey Housey, which is Palacey, Palacey.
During the celebrations the Jimmy Mac’s version of the Royal Family (pictured) made an appearance on the balcony, to wave and offer felicitations.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement