Hatfield care home residents enjoy virtual cruise
- Credit: Archant
A Hatfield care home held a week of travel-themed events, culminating in a US-style community fete.
Residents at a Sanctuary Care home in Hatfield enjoyed a taste of America at their virtual ‘cruise week’ themed summer fete.
Welwyn Hatfield mayor Lynne Sparks launched the “cruise week” at the Sanctuary Care home in Tamblin Way, which offered residents the flavours and traditions of Italy.
Subsequent days were devoted to France, Austria, and Switzerland before the America climax, which included a barbecue, live music, face-painting, stalls, and games.
Activities assistant Kim Knight said: “This is the first time that we have held a virtual summer cruise at Hatfield and our residents are really excited.”
You may also want to watch:
During the week, care home residents learned about the history of the various destinations and local people were invited to join in the fun on Saturday.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 3 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 4 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 7 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 8 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!