Hatfield car park plans approved
PLANS to create a 1,000 space car park in Hatfield have been rubber stamped by councillors.
The application, from internet grocery retailer Ocado, was approved by Welwyn Hatfield Council’s planning control committee on Thursday.
The company, based off Gypsy Moth Avenue on the Hatfield Business Park, can now add a new deck to its existing 484 space staff car park.
This will provide parking for an additional 566 vehicles – which Ocado says is necessary to support its expansion plans.
Speaking at the meeting, Ocado’s head of business development, Paul Stewart, said: “We are currently achieving 35 per cent year-on-year growth and we are now the third biggest online supermarket in the UK.”
You may also want to watch:
The firm, which has been based in Hatfield since 2002, plans to take on an extra 1,400 employees, most of which, Mr Stewart said, would be recruited from Times Territory.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 5 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 6 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 9 Youngsters playing their part as Welwyn Garden City look to continue punching above their weight
- 10 Aspirations to win the league has Ben Spaul excited to be back at Welwyn