Hatfield barmaid's head shave in aid of breast cancer charity
A BARMAID diagnosed with breast cancer is joining punters at her pub in a charity head shave. Keely Smith, who works at The Harrier, is currently undergoing chemotherapy, after learning in January she had cancer. The 30-year-old, of Great Heath, Hatfield,
A BARMAID diagnosed with breast cancer is joining punters at her pub in a charity head shave.
Keely Smith, who works at The Harrier, is currently undergoing chemotherapy, after learning in January she had cancer.
The 30-year-old, of Great Heath, Hatfield, said: "Everyone thinks I am crazy, because I go around with the attitude I am going to get 100 per cent better.
"It is not a pleasant experience and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, but you can either laugh or cry about it and I choose to laugh."
You may also want to watch:
About 10 people - including Keely - agreed to get their heads shaved at the pub in Bishops Rise.
Their hair-raising scheme, which will take place today (Friday), is in aid of Breast Cancer Care.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 3 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 4 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 5 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 6 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 7 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 8 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 9 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 10 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire
Keely said: "I am going to do it, but my hair is falling out already."
Co-worker Paula Bevan, 38, who lives in Crop Common, Hatfield, said: "I was diagnosed with two different breast cancers in August 2005.
"I had chemotherapy and surgery and am now recovering.
"Getting over breast cancer is all about the support you have from the people around you and I will be supporting Keely all the way.