Hatfield accountant to trek the Inca Trail for charity
AN accountant will be fulfilling a lifetime’s ambition when he attempts to trek across one of the world’s largest mountain ranges for charity next year.
In March, Brian Wilson will hike through the Peruvian Andes, as he attempts to complete the Inca Trail in aid of Have a Heart.
The 40-year-old said he fully anticipated the expedition to be testing.
“My challenge is not only to complete the trek, but to prepare myself for the punishing effects of walking at altitude,” he told the Welwyn Hatfield Times.
“Over the next few months I will be desperately trying to shift a bit of my excess baggage and strengthen my cardiovascular system to cope with the reduced oxygen levels.”
You may also want to watch:
But despite the hardships he expects to encounter, Brian, of Bluebell Way, Hatfield Garden Village, remains confident he won’t regret signing up for the challenge.
“The Inca Trail is one of the most famous treks in South America,” the dad-of-three said.
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 4 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 5 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 6 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 7 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 8 Four councillors elected to South Mimms Parish Council
- 9 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
“It is something I have always wanted to do.”
Have A Heart is a new charity created for Heart Radio, which aims to improve the lives of disadvantaged people within the communities its radio stations serve.
For more information about the charity, click on the link, right.
To sponsor Brian, see the Virgin Money link, also right.