Has Hatfield student Despina got the X Factor?
TELEVISION viewers will discover tonight (Sunday) whether University of Hertfordshire student Despina Pilavakis has got the X Factor. The 20-year-old singer, a second year music student from the Hatfield-based university, has made it through to the final
TELEVISION viewers will discover tonight (Sunday) whether University of Hertfordshire student Despina Pilavakis has got the X Factor.
The 20-year-old singer, a second year music student from the Hatfield-based university, has made it through to the final 24 of the ITV talent contest.
She is one of six contestants hoping to impress girls' mentor Dannii Minogue out in Dubai.
Dannii, with the help of sister Kylie Minogue, has to whittle down the six hopefuls, with only three going through to the X Factor's live finals which start next weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Cypriot Despina, from North London, was shown on last night's programme talking about the weight of expectation on her.
She said: "I'm really feeling the pressure.
- 1 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 2 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 3 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 4 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 5 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 8 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 9 May 17th: Uno prepares to welcome more passengers on buses
- 10 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
"I'm so scared I'm going to let my family down.
"I'll just feel so disappointed with myself. I can't go home with a no."
After performing The Voice Within by Christina Aguilera, the Minogue sisters were divided in their opinion of Despina's performance.
Judge and mentor Dannii said: "It's a hard song to sing."
Pop princess Kylie said: "She made it seem pretty easy though."
But Dannii added: "She made it seem easy but I'm not sure she put her stamp on it.
"I'm not sure she showed me something that was different."
Despina is up against Essex girl Stacey Solomon, former S Club Junior Stacey McClean, teenager Rachel Adedeji, Welsh youngster Lucie Jones and Nicole Jackson.
Stacey Solomon, Rachel and Lucie are the favourites to go through.
When asked by X Factor host Dermot O'Leary whether she had done enough, Despina said: "I don't know. I hope so."
Find out how she gets on by tuning into the X Factor tonight (Sunday) on ITV1 at 8pm.