Has Hatfield student Despina got the X Factor?
TELEVISION viewers will discover tonight (Sunday) whether University of Hertfordshire student Despina Pilavakis has got the X Factor. The 20-year-old singer, a second year music student from the Hatfield-based university, has made it through to the final
TELEVISION viewers will discover tonight (Sunday) whether University of Hertfordshire student Despina Pilavakis has got the X Factor.
The 20-year-old singer, a second year music student from the Hatfield-based university, has made it through to the final 24 of the ITV talent contest.
She is one of six contestants hoping to impress girls' mentor Dannii Minogue out in Dubai.
Dannii, with the help of sister Kylie Minogue, has to whittle down the six hopefuls, with only three going through to the X Factor's live finals which start next weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Cypriot Despina, from North London, was shown on last night's programme talking about the weight of expectation on her.
She said: "I'm really feeling the pressure.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 7 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 8 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
"I'm so scared I'm going to let my family down.
"I'll just feel so disappointed with myself. I can't go home with a no."
After performing The Voice Within by Christina Aguilera, the Minogue sisters were divided in their opinion of Despina's performance.
Judge and mentor Dannii said: "It's a hard song to sing."
Pop princess Kylie said: "She made it seem pretty easy though."
But Dannii added: "She made it seem easy but I'm not sure she put her stamp on it.
"I'm not sure she showed me something that was different."
Despina is up against Essex girl Stacey Solomon, former S Club Junior Stacey McClean, teenager Rachel Adedeji, Welsh youngster Lucie Jones and Nicole Jackson.
Stacey Solomon, Rachel and Lucie are the favourites to go through.
When asked by X Factor host Dermot O'Leary whether she had done enough, Despina said: "I don't know. I hope so."
Find out how she gets on by tuning into the X Factor tonight (Sunday) on ITV1 at 8pm.