Harry Hill helps Codicote celebrate Potato Day
TV funnyman Harry Hill helped youngsters celebrate National Potato Day. He was one entry in a potato competition at Codicote s Wyevale Garden Centre. Youngsters were asked to use their imagination and turn the humble potato into a masterpiece. Bethany
TV funnyman Harry Hill helped youngsters celebrate National Potato Day.
He was one entry in a potato competition at Codicote's Wyevale Garden Centre.
Youngsters were asked to use their imagination and turn the humble potato into a masterpiece.
Bethany Kendle from Oaklands primary school designed Harry;
You may also want to watch:
four-year-old Matthew Oliver and young Milly Pearce also submitted their designs.
Centre manager Gary Sykes said the team at Codicote thought some people were unable to enter the competition due to the recent snow.
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 8 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 9 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
He said: "I know many of our customers struggled to visit us last weekend due to the weather and we wanted to host the event again so as not to let them down."
"The competition is designed to be fun and we want as many youngsters as possible to enter.
"The models will be on display in-store until the garden centre closes on Sunday, February 15 and customers will be asked to vote for their favourites.