Hard work starts here for F1 champ Hamilton and McLaren team
WORLD champion Lewis Hamilton admits the hard work starts here if he is to retain his F1 title. The 24-year-old McLaren Mercedes driver from Tewin took third place around Albert Park in today s season-opening Australian Grand Prix. It was a terrific driv
WORLD champion Lewis Hamilton admits the hard work starts here if he is to retain his F1 title.
The 24-year-old McLaren Mercedes driver from Tewin took third place around Albert Park in today's season-opening Australian Grand Prix.
It was a terrific drive by the Herts hero from 18th on the grid, but owed more to other people's misfortune than the McLaren's actual race pace and drivability.
Hamilton admitted afterwards that the car is not up to spec just yet.
You may also want to watch:
But he said every effort is being made by the team to make it as competitive as quickly as possible.
"Since we've come here we've not really improved the car as such, we've made some set-up changes but the car is what it is at the moment," said Hamilton after Sunday's grand prix.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 5 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 8 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 9 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
"But we've got a lot of work going on back at the factory.
"Hopefully step by step we will continue to score points and catch people up."
The second race of the season - the Malaysian Grand Prix - takes place next Sunday in Kuala Lumpur.