Hard work starts here for F1 champ Hamilton and McLaren team
WORLD champion Lewis Hamilton admits the hard work starts here if he is to retain his F1 title. The 24-year-old McLaren Mercedes driver from Tewin took third place around Albert Park in today s season-opening Australian Grand Prix. It was a terrific driv
WORLD champion Lewis Hamilton admits the hard work starts here if he is to retain his F1 title.
The 24-year-old McLaren Mercedes driver from Tewin took third place around Albert Park in today's season-opening Australian Grand Prix.
It was a terrific drive by the Herts hero from 18th on the grid, but owed more to other people's misfortune than the McLaren's actual race pace and drivability.
Hamilton admitted afterwards that the car is not up to spec just yet.
You may also want to watch:
But he said every effort is being made by the team to make it as competitive as quickly as possible.
"Since we've come here we've not really improved the car as such, we've made some set-up changes but the car is what it is at the moment," said Hamilton after Sunday's grand prix.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 9 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 10 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
"But we've got a lot of work going on back at the factory.
"Hopefully step by step we will continue to score points and catch people up."
The second race of the season - the Malaysian Grand Prix - takes place next Sunday in Kuala Lumpur.