Hard work is key to success, says Welwyn nail technician
WITH the current state of the employment market, you might be finding your dream job a tough one to nail down. If this is the case, a beautician from Times Territory might be able to help. Jenni Draper, from Canons Field, Welwyn, has been a nail technici
WITH the current state of the employment market, you might be finding your dream job a tough one to nail down.
If this is the case, a beautician from Times Territory might be able to help.
Jenni Draper, from Canons Field, Welwyn, has been a nail technician for 10 years.
In that time, she has become a widely respected expert, working closely with celebrity manicurist Andrea Fulerton and holding seminars and workshops for people interested in getting into the industry.
You may also want to watch:
She runs her own salon and training centre at No. 15 Church Street, Welwyn, and has just returned from her yearly stint at London Fashion Week, where she worked at the Luella Fashion Show in Covent Garden.
The job involved tending the nails of 25 models, including Sir Bob Geldof's daughter Pixie.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 3 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 4 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 5 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 6 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 9 It's coming home! Welwyn Garden City's Commemoration Jug claimed by Reis Suart
- 10 Jodie Williams gunning for gold after barrier-breaking personal best at Tokyo 2020 Olympics
Jenni said: "It's hard work. It's a very early start; I had to be up at four in the morning to be there for six every day.
"But it's good fun and a great sense of achievement at the end of it."
So what's her advice to anyone wishing to work with some of the biggest names in fashion?
"You have to be prepared to work hard and at all hours, and put 110 per cent in," Jenni said.
"Don't be scared to try and don't expect it to happen for you overnight. It's taken me 10 years to get where I am, but if you work hard you will always get there."
Jenni offers a range of training programmes from beginners to experts from her salon. Call her on 07939574113 or 01438 718115 or email email@example.com.
Right: Jenni with Pixie Geldof at London Fashion Week.