Hammer-wielding robbers raid supermarket
A SUPERMARKET worker was threatened with a hammer during an early morning robbery at the weekend.
Two thugs approached the worker at the Co-op in Goffs Oak and forced him into the store room where he was made to open the safe.
The crooks then fled with the cash.
The robbery took place at the shop, in Goffs Lane, between 6am and 6.30am on Sunday.
A police spokeswoman said: “Officers are keen to speak to anyone who may have been in or around the area during the time of the offence.
You may also want to watch:
“They are especially keen to speak to anyone who may have seen any people or vehicles in the area.”
Call police on 0845 33 00 222 with information.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 3 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 4 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 5 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 6 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 7 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 8 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 9 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 10 Welwyn Garden City's Sam Caiger returns for West Ham ready to put injury woes behind him