Hammer-wielding robbers raid supermarket
A SUPERMARKET worker was threatened with a hammer during an early morning robbery at the weekend.
Two thugs approached the worker at the Co-op in Goffs Oak and forced him into the store room where he was made to open the safe.
The crooks then fled with the cash.
The robbery took place at the shop, in Goffs Lane, between 6am and 6.30am on Sunday.
A police spokeswoman said: “Officers are keen to speak to anyone who may have been in or around the area during the time of the offence.
You may also want to watch:
“They are especially keen to speak to anyone who may have seen any people or vehicles in the area.”
Call police on 0845 33 00 222 with information.
- 1 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 2 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 3 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 4 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 5 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 8 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 9 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 10 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping