Halloween pumpkins carved by Welwyn Hatfield Times readers
HARRY Potter, Lord of the Rings’ Gollum, A Nightmare on Elm Street’s Freddy Krueger – these are just some of the fictional characters carved into pumpkins by Welwyn Hatfield Times readers for Halloween.
Readers have been busy carving plenty of pumpkins since our request in last week’s Welwyn Hatfield Times for you to send in your Jack O’Lantern pictures in preparation for Halloween.
* WGC woman Elaine Young and her children Jordan, 15, Craig, 12, 10-year-old Poppy, Hallie, six, and three-year-old Cody, carved various pumpkins in preparation for Halloween.
“They are all going to be displayed outside our house next weekend,” Elaine, of Mill Green Road, said.
“I have also carved six others which can be seen inside our local Morrisons store.”
You may also want to watch:
* Richard Walker, wife Angela, and son Craig, of Hatfield, carved various pumpkins featuring, among others, wizard Harry Potter, Freddy Krueger and Gollum.
* Welham Green youngster Hannah Reid sent in a picture of the pumpkin she and mum Maddy carved.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 3 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 7 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 8 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
* Four-year-old Sophia Curtis, of WGC, really got in the mood for Halloween by dressing up as a witch.
Dad Steve said: “Sophia loves Halloween and dressing up!”
* Oliver Ragless was a little bit too young to carve a pumpkin – he’s not even a year old – but mum Sarah and dad Simon, who both work in WGC, got him in the Halloween spirit by dressing him as a pumpkin instead!