Halloween havoc in Welwyn Garden City
HALLOWEEN horrors were out on Sunday night, causing havoc at a shopping parade.
Concrete bins were ripped out of the ground and knocked over on Woodhall Parade and cars were damaged with paint in Cole Green Lane in WGC.
The police were criticised for not having enough officers out on patrol, despite holding events to occupy those who might cause trouble at their Fright Night event at King George V Playing Fields.
But neighbourhood inspector Ian Grout said: “A lot of preparation went into planning for the weekend’s festivities and we had officers on patrol in the area to be a visible presence to those who were out and about.
“This was in addition to the officers holding the Fright Night event.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “At the moment our enquiries to trace the offenders [of the Woodhall and Cole Green Lane offences] are ongoing, but I would ask anyone who believes they witnessed any of them to call 0845 33 00 222.”
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Thanks Dad! WHT readers send 2,500 Father's Day messages
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield