Halloween havoc in Welwyn Garden City
HALLOWEEN horrors were out on Sunday night, causing havoc at a shopping parade.
Concrete bins were ripped out of the ground and knocked over on Woodhall Parade and cars were damaged with paint in Cole Green Lane in WGC.
The police were criticised for not having enough officers out on patrol, despite holding events to occupy those who might cause trouble at their Fright Night event at King George V Playing Fields.
But neighbourhood inspector Ian Grout said: “A lot of preparation went into planning for the weekend’s festivities and we had officers on patrol in the area to be a visible presence to those who were out and about.
“This was in addition to the officers holding the Fright Night event.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “At the moment our enquiries to trace the offenders [of the Woodhall and Cole Green Lane offences] are ongoing, but I would ask anyone who believes they witnessed any of them to call 0845 33 00 222.”
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 4 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Bridgerton: First look at Kate Sharma in season two of Netflix drama
- 8 Enjoy Sneaky Experience's 'weird and wonderful' nights out at Hatfield House this Halloween
- 9 Welwyn Garden City gym smashes target distance in charity cycle challenge
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images