Halloween fun in Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
IT will be more treat than trick for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar families this Halloween as two free fun nights are on the agenda.
Fright Night 2 runs in both Hatfield, on Saturday, and WGC, on Sunday, and promises a host of free activities to see and get involved with, from Dr Zoolittle’s petting zoo to magic show and balloon models to a fun fair and live DJ.
The event organised by the police’s safer neighbourhood teams, as well as the borough’s community safety partnership and Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service, also includes football training, stilt walkers, face painters, palm readers, a human vampire statue, a hog roast, Halloween spooky hunt, face painting and children’s rides.
Hatfield Fright Night will be at Birchwood Leisure Centre playing fields from 5pm to 9pm.
The WGC Fright Night will be at King George V playing fields, also from 5pm to 9pm.
You may also want to watch:
Funding has come from Hatfield Town Council, Welwyn Hatfield Council’s community chest scheme and the county council’s locality fund, as well as John Lewis, which contributed �250, and businessman Neil Carroll, who is providing the DJ for free.
Hertsmere Community Safety Partnership has also set up the activities to keep children entertained – and away from mischief-making.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 5 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 6 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
- 7 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 8 First Slam Dunk Festival 2022 headliners announced for Hatfield Park
- 9 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 10 Slam Dunk Festival 2022 dates announced for Queen's Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend
Movie Fright Night will run from 6pm to 11pm on Saturday.
The scary night includes watching horror flick The Blair Witch Project in the depths of the dark woods.
The event costs �5 and includes the movie, transport, sweets and drinks.
A second event will be hosted by Watford’s Top Golf, from 6pm to 10.30pm on Sunday.
The �5 ticket price includes two games of Top Golf, transport, sweets and drinks plus a month’s membership at the centre.
The two events are aimed at those aged 13 to 18, with transport pick-up points from Potters Bar and South Mimms.
* Partygoers are being warned not to go alone to RSPCA Southridge on Saturday – as a HalloScream night is being hosted at the animal centre.
Fancy dress is optional for the disco at the venue, in Packhorse Lane, South Mimms, but there will be a prize for the best costume.
The ‘dungeon’ opens at 7.30pm, with broomsticks at midnight.
Tickets cost �10, to include a burger, with children under 14 getting in for half price, while under-sevens go free.
Tickets are available from reception, by calling 020 8440 0095 or email info@friendsofrspca southridge.org.uk