Hairdresser Abbie wins student award
A TEENAGE hairdresser really is a cut above the rest after winning a special student award at her college.
Abbie Giddens, 18, has been working at It’s A Snip in Codicote for the last two years on a one-day placement, and her hard-graft has now paid off after being named Work-Based Learner Achiever of the Year at Hertford Regional College’s awards ceremony.
The Codicote resident, who completed her NVQ Level 2 hairdressing course three months early, was chosen for the accolade despite being up against around 250 fellow students at the college.
Abbie, of St Giles Road, said: “I knew that there was a chance that I could win but I didn’t think it was going to be me.
“I have loved working here and, as most of us are all living in Codicote, we’re like a little family.”
You may also want to watch:
Russell Green, owner of It’s A Snip, based in High Street, Codicote, said: “There’s no doubt about it that she deserves it, she’s a real worker!”
- 1 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 2 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 3 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 8 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 9 Conservatives hit back at Lib Dems over Local Plan collapse claims
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas