Hairdresser Abbie wins student award
A TEENAGE hairdresser really is a cut above the rest after winning a special student award at her college.
Abbie Giddens, 18, has been working at It’s A Snip in Codicote for the last two years on a one-day placement, and her hard-graft has now paid off after being named Work-Based Learner Achiever of the Year at Hertford Regional College’s awards ceremony.
The Codicote resident, who completed her NVQ Level 2 hairdressing course three months early, was chosen for the accolade despite being up against around 250 fellow students at the college.
Abbie, of St Giles Road, said: “I knew that there was a chance that I could win but I didn’t think it was going to be me.
“I have loved working here and, as most of us are all living in Codicote, we’re like a little family.”
You may also want to watch:
Russell Green, owner of It’s A Snip, based in High Street, Codicote, said: “There’s no doubt about it that she deserves it, she’s a real worker!”
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 4 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 5 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 6 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Four councillors elected to South Mimms Parish Council
- 9 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 10 What time will the election results come in?