H&M announces opening date for Welwyn Garden City store
- Credit: Archant
Fashion retailer H&M has annouced the opening date of their new store in the Howard Centre.
The new store is proposed to open in the Howard Centre on Thursday, March 24.
It will feature menswear, womenswear, kidswear and the shop’s teen range, Divided.
The store is not currently advertising for any jobs in the Welwyn Garden City branch.
H&M started in Sweden in 1947 as Hennes, selling women’s clothing. The name was changed to Hennes & Mauritz after the shop’s founder bought Mauritz Widforss, a hunting and fishing store.
You may also want to watch:
The first UK H&M store opened in London in 1976.
The new Welwyn Garden City store is part of a range of new H&M stores across the UK, including stores in Edinburgh, Covent Garden and Hampshire.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 3 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 4 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 5 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 6 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 7 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 8 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 9 Welwyn Garden City's Sam Caiger returns for West Ham ready to put injury woes behind him
- 10 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19