Gypsy is 'Spectacular success' at Potters Bar theatre
CLASSIC musical Gypsy, performed by talented cast members from drama school Talent Time Show Company, proved to be a spectacular success in Potters Bar. The rise to fame story of Burlesque Queen Gypsy Rose Lee was on at the Wyllyotts Theatre on April 7
CLASSIC musical Gypsy, performed by talented cast members from drama school Talent Time Show Company, proved to be a "spectacular success" in Potters Bar.
The rise to fame story of Burlesque Queen Gypsy Rose Lee was on at the Wyllyotts Theatre on April 7 and 8.
Featuring a cast of 40 performers from the school, students "wowed the crowds".
Director of the school, based in Potters Bar, is Stuart Glover.
You may also want to watch:
He was delighted with the talent on show and the "slick choreography, brilliant direction, and beautiful costumes".
Mr Glover told the Potters Bar Edition: "I am amazed at my students' performances, we have worked very hard on this show and as we aim to do at Talent Time groomed our young performers into slick, conscientious, hard working company."
- 1 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 2 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 3 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 4 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 8 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 9 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 10 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
He added: "I would like to give particular praise to Bianca Harris and Samantha Ratcliffe for taking on one the meatiest roles in musical theatre as pushy stage mother Madame Rose, and to Keeley Quicke and Samantha Smith for their impressive portrayals of Gypsy Rose Lee."
The next Talent Time show at the Darkes
Lane theatre is in July and is called Spectacular Spectacular.
The show will feature excerpts from a host of West End shows, including We Will Rock You, Hairspray, Wicked and Sister Act, in addition to a pop concert second half featuring the hits of The Pussycat Dolls, Take That, Girls Aloud, Britney Spears and much more.
If you are passionate about singing, dancing and acting and want to be a part of this show, call the school on 07904 771980 or visit www.talenttimetheatre.com for more information.