Gypsy is 'Spectacular success' at Potters Bar theatre
CLASSIC musical Gypsy, performed by talented cast members from drama school Talent Time Show Company, proved to be a spectacular success in Potters Bar. The rise to fame story of Burlesque Queen Gypsy Rose Lee was on at the Wyllyotts Theatre on April 7
CLASSIC musical Gypsy, performed by talented cast members from drama school Talent Time Show Company, proved to be a "spectacular success" in Potters Bar.
The rise to fame story of Burlesque Queen Gypsy Rose Lee was on at the Wyllyotts Theatre on April 7 and 8.
Featuring a cast of 40 performers from the school, students "wowed the crowds".
Director of the school, based in Potters Bar, is Stuart Glover.
You may also want to watch:
He was delighted with the talent on show and the "slick choreography, brilliant direction, and beautiful costumes".
Mr Glover told the Potters Bar Edition: "I am amazed at my students' performances, we have worked very hard on this show and as we aim to do at Talent Time groomed our young performers into slick, conscientious, hard working company."
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 3 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 6 This week's pick of the movies made in Herts on TV
- 7 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 8 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 9 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 10 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
He added: "I would like to give particular praise to Bianca Harris and Samantha Ratcliffe for taking on one the meatiest roles in musical theatre as pushy stage mother Madame Rose, and to Keeley Quicke and Samantha Smith for their impressive portrayals of Gypsy Rose Lee."
The next Talent Time show at the Darkes
Lane theatre is in July and is called Spectacular Spectacular.
The show will feature excerpts from a host of West End shows, including We Will Rock You, Hairspray, Wicked and Sister Act, in addition to a pop concert second half featuring the hits of The Pussycat Dolls, Take That, Girls Aloud, Britney Spears and much more.
If you are passionate about singing, dancing and acting and want to be a part of this show, call the school on 07904 771980 or visit www.talenttimetheatre.com for more information.