Gymnastics Club to open in Welwyn Garden City?
PLANS to convert a disused MOT testing station into a gymnastics club have been submitted to Welwyn Hatfield Council. Holly Bardett, who runs Valdez Gymnastics Club in Bishop s Stortford, has asked the council for permission to
PLANS to convert a disused MOT testing station into a gymnastics club have been submitted to Welwyn Hatfield Council.
Holly Bardett, who runs Valdez Gymnastics Club in Bishop's Stortford, has asked the council for permission to open a second club in an industrial unit in WGC.
The 36-year-old, who lives in Oaklands, told the WHT there is currently a "big demand" for gymnastic clubs in the UK.
"Every gymnastics club is full to bursting," she said.
You may also want to watch:
"In Bishop's Stortford, we have 700 kids on the books and a further 300 on the waiting list."
She added: "We would be the only gymnastics club in the Welwyn Hatfield area to offer full Olympic equipment."
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 3 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 4 What time will the election results come in?
- 5 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 8 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 9 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 10 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
Up until October 2008, the unit, in South Mundells, was used as an MOT testing station and motorcycle workshop by Predator Motorsports.
If permission is granted, the club would operate between 4pm and 8.30pm Monday to Friday.
On Saturdays it would open between noon and 2pm.
The plans are currently open to public consultation until August 26.