Gymnastics Club to open in Welwyn Garden City?
PLANS to convert a disused MOT testing station into a gymnastics club have been submitted to Welwyn Hatfield Council. Holly Bardett, who runs Valdez Gymnastics Club in Bishop s Stortford, has asked the council for permission to
PLANS to convert a disused MOT testing station into a gymnastics club have been submitted to Welwyn Hatfield Council.
Holly Bardett, who runs Valdez Gymnastics Club in Bishop's Stortford, has asked the council for permission to open a second club in an industrial unit in WGC.
The 36-year-old, who lives in Oaklands, told the WHT there is currently a "big demand" for gymnastic clubs in the UK.
"Every gymnastics club is full to bursting," she said.
"In Bishop's Stortford, we have 700 kids on the books and a further 300 on the waiting list."
She added: "We would be the only gymnastics club in the Welwyn Hatfield area to offer full Olympic equipment."
- 1 What is the future for The Howard Centre?
- 2 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 3 Buyers can now reserve an apartment in Hatfield Rise
- 4 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 5 Axes and knives found during weapons raid
- 6 Cash stolen from elderly man using bank ATM
- 7 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 8 Stevenage health lead 'appalled' as Lister stroke unit is downgraded again
- 9 'Friendship zone' created in Welwyn school
- 10 Work begins on Welwyn Garden City’s new-look Anniversary Gardens
Up until October 2008, the unit, in South Mundells, was used as an MOT testing station and motorcycle workshop by Predator Motorsports.
If permission is granted, the club would operate between 4pm and 8.30pm Monday to Friday.
On Saturdays it would open between noon and 2pm.
The plans are currently open to public consultation until August 26.