Gymnastics Club to open in Welwyn Garden City?
PLANS to convert a disused MOT testing station into a gymnastics club have been submitted to Welwyn Hatfield Council. Holly Bardett, who runs Valdez Gymnastics Club in Bishop s Stortford, has asked the council for permission to
PLANS to convert a disused MOT testing station into a gymnastics club have been submitted to Welwyn Hatfield Council.
Holly Bardett, who runs Valdez Gymnastics Club in Bishop's Stortford, has asked the council for permission to open a second club in an industrial unit in WGC.
The 36-year-old, who lives in Oaklands, told the WHT there is currently a "big demand" for gymnastic clubs in the UK.
"Every gymnastics club is full to bursting," she said.
You may also want to watch:
"In Bishop's Stortford, we have 700 kids on the books and a further 300 on the waiting list."
She added: "We would be the only gymnastics club in the Welwyn Hatfield area to offer full Olympic equipment."
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 4 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 5 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 6 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 9 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 10 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told
Up until October 2008, the unit, in South Mundells, was used as an MOT testing station and motorcycle workshop by Predator Motorsports.
If permission is granted, the club would operate between 4pm and 8.30pm Monday to Friday.
On Saturdays it would open between noon and 2pm.
The plans are currently open to public consultation until August 26.