Gymnastics Club to open in Welwyn Garden City?
PLANS to convert a disused MOT testing station into a gymnastics club have been submitted to Welwyn Hatfield Council. Holly Bardett, who runs Valdez Gymnastics Club in Bishop s Stortford, has asked the council for permission to
PLANS to convert a disused MOT testing station into a gymnastics club have been submitted to Welwyn Hatfield Council.
Holly Bardett, who runs Valdez Gymnastics Club in Bishop's Stortford, has asked the council for permission to open a second club in an industrial unit in WGC.
The 36-year-old, who lives in Oaklands, told the WHT there is currently a "big demand" for gymnastic clubs in the UK.
"Every gymnastics club is full to bursting," she said.
You may also want to watch:
"In Bishop's Stortford, we have 700 kids on the books and a further 300 on the waiting list."
She added: "We would be the only gymnastics club in the Welwyn Hatfield area to offer full Olympic equipment."
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 5 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 8 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 9 Everyone invited to Hatfield rail tragedy remembrance service
- 10 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
Up until October 2008, the unit, in South Mundells, was used as an MOT testing station and motorcycle workshop by Predator Motorsports.
If permission is granted, the club would operate between 4pm and 8.30pm Monday to Friday.
On Saturdays it would open between noon and 2pm.
The plans are currently open to public consultation until August 26.