Gym workers made redundant in Hatfield
THREE workers lost their jobs just before Christmas at a Hatfield gym, after cutbacks forced the closure of the centre’s cr�che.
The redundancies, at Hatfield Swim Centre, in Lemsford Road, come after swimming instructor Gary Strachan was fired for speaking to the WHT and lifting the lid on job cuts at the pool.
Bianca Campbell, of Old French Horn Lane, Hatfield, who pays �40 a month and uses the gym three times a week, said: “It’s a real pain for all mums who use the gym.
“I’m absolutely gutted.
“Very few centres offer that kind of service.”
You may also want to watch:
She said three employees, of Finesse Leisure which runs the pool and gym, who worked at the cr�che were made redundant, including one who is pregnant.
A recorded message on Finesse Leisure’s answering machine at Hatfield Swim Centre says: “As of December 25, 2010, the cr�che facility will be closed.”
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 3 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 4 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 5 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 6 First Slam Dunk Festival 2022 headliners announced for Hatfield Park
- 7 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
- 8 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 9 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 10 Slam Dunk Festival 2022 dates announced for Queen's Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend
A spokesman for the firm said there was no-one available to comment.