Gym workers made redundant in Hatfield
THREE workers lost their jobs just before Christmas at a Hatfield gym, after cutbacks forced the closure of the centre’s cr�che.
The redundancies, at Hatfield Swim Centre, in Lemsford Road, come after swimming instructor Gary Strachan was fired for speaking to the WHT and lifting the lid on job cuts at the pool.
Bianca Campbell, of Old French Horn Lane, Hatfield, who pays �40 a month and uses the gym three times a week, said: “It’s a real pain for all mums who use the gym.
“I’m absolutely gutted.
“Very few centres offer that kind of service.”
You may also want to watch:
She said three employees, of Finesse Leisure which runs the pool and gym, who worked at the cr�che were made redundant, including one who is pregnant.
A recorded message on Finesse Leisure’s answering machine at Hatfield Swim Centre says: “As of December 25, 2010, the cr�che facility will be closed.”
- 1 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 2 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 New care home opens in Potters Bar
- 9 Meet the man driving a tractor 270 miles from Cornwall to Codicote
- 10 July 19: Extended restrictions will bring 'big costs' to our businesses
A spokesman for the firm said there was no-one available to comment.