Groups to jam for place on Sonisphere 2011 Festival bill at Knebworth
FANCY sharing the Sonisphere 2011 Festival bill at Knebworth House this summer with the likes of metal icons Metallica and Slipknot?
The three-day rock event returns to the grounds of the stately home from Friday, July 8 to Sunday, July 10.
And those kind chaps at Red Bull Bedroom Jam are offering an amazing prize to young, up-and-coming bands from Welwyn Hatfield and beyond.
Eight groups of aspiring rock stars will not only win the chance to play the legendary Hertfordshire outdoor venue once graced by the likes of Queen, Led Zeppelin and Oasis, but also four other festivals this summer.
Red Bull Bedroom Jam is a weekly live music webcast that has propelled the careers of multiple bands across the UK rock scene.
You may also want to watch:
And once again it is on the lookout for talented musicians to launch into the spotlight.
The national competition is now into its fifth year and offers a fantastic opportunity for emerging groups to gain exposure.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 3 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 7 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 10 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
Eight groups selected from the live show stage will play at Knebworth this July and a number of festivals across the country.
The overall winner after the festival stage will then go on to spend time in the Red Bull recording studio and support an established act on their national tour.
You And What Army were chosen last year and frontman Kieran described it as “a once in a lifetime opportunity… that’s taken the band to the next level”.
It’s simple to enter. Simply upload a band video to the Red Bull Bedroom Jam website.
Fifteen groups will be chosen using the Buzz Radar system to play live shows from their bedrooms every Monday at 5pm.
The first live show will be on Monday, February 21.
Those 15 bands will then be whittled down by a panel of music experts to the top eight.
At the end of the festival season, three finalists will be chosen by the judges and then an overall winner crowned.
Head to www.redbullbedroomjam.com to sign up and upload your video. At least one member of your band must be 22 or under.
* Red Bull Bedroom Jam was launched in September 2007 with a live gig online by Kerrang! award nominees You Me At Six.
This has been followed by several performances around the UK from other young bands including My Passion, Saving Aimee, Area 15, Furthest Drive Home, Linchpin, Lyrikal Squad, Lil Rascals and Maverik.