Green Flags raised in Potters Bar
GREEN flags were raised at ceremonies in two public parks in Potters Bar on Friday.
Hertsmere mayor Rosemary Gilligan hoisted the ensigns at Oakmere and Parkfield, to celebrate the award of Green Flag status to each park.
She was joined at each ceremony by a number of guests, including Potters Bar councillors Shirley Legate, John Donne and Doreen Scivyer and Donald Graham, the chief executive of Hertsmere Borough Council.
The parks earned Green Flag status in July, following an inspection by a panel of judges.
Council parks officer Aaron Niblett told the Potters Bar Edition: “The judges said that the parks were very well presented and captured the enthusiastic support of the management team, contractors and the friends group.
You may also want to watch:
“This was really good feedback and we are so pleased that our efforts have been recognised.
“We are all proud of this excellent achievement and are grateful to all those involved who provide two wonderful parks for the whole community to enjoy.”
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 4 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 5 Four councillors elected to South Mimms Parish Council
- 6 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 9 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone