Great Expectations for latest production at Barn Theatre in Welwyn Garden City
THE Charles Dickens classic tale Great Expectations with contemporary re-styling is on at the Barn Theatre in WGC this week. This emotional play tells the story of Pip, a poor village lad, and his expectations of wealth. It aims to condense Dickens
THE Charles Dickens classic tale Great Expectations with "contemporary re-styling" is on at the Barn Theatre in WGC this week.
This emotional play tells the story of Pip, a poor village lad, and his expectations of wealth.
It aims to condense Dickens' "evocative language into moments of high drama".
The cast includes blacksmith Joe Gargery, the loyal convict Abel Magwitch and the haunting Miss Havisham - still dressed in the wedding gown she was wearing when jilted at the altar.
You may also want to watch:
Director Chris Bruce said: "This is a magical tale which the large and energetic cast boisterously tell.
"This is one of the best moments of theatre that we have ever done at the Barn.
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 10 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
"It's a dark, brooding Dickensian story that uses all the elements of theatre in a way that all the family will greatly enjoy."
Tickets cost �9.75.
The show starts at 8pm.
It runs at the Handside Lane theatre until Saturday, October 24.