Great Expectations for latest production at Barn Theatre in Welwyn Garden City
THE Charles Dickens classic tale Great Expectations with contemporary re-styling is on at the Barn Theatre in WGC this week. This emotional play tells the story of Pip, a poor village lad, and his expectations of wealth. It aims to condense Dickens
THE Charles Dickens classic tale Great Expectations with "contemporary re-styling" is on at the Barn Theatre in WGC this week.
This emotional play tells the story of Pip, a poor village lad, and his expectations of wealth.
It aims to condense Dickens' "evocative language into moments of high drama".
The cast includes blacksmith Joe Gargery, the loyal convict Abel Magwitch and the haunting Miss Havisham - still dressed in the wedding gown she was wearing when jilted at the altar.
You may also want to watch:
Director Chris Bruce said: "This is a magical tale which the large and energetic cast boisterously tell.
"This is one of the best moments of theatre that we have ever done at the Barn.
- 1 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 2 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 3 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 4 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 5 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Student wins prestigious cyber security award and trip to NASA
- 8 Do you have the unclaimed £1 million winning lottery ticket bought in Welwyn Hatfield?
- 9 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
- 10 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
"It's a dark, brooding Dickensian story that uses all the elements of theatre in a way that all the family will greatly enjoy."
Tickets cost �9.75.
The show starts at 8pm.
It runs at the Handside Lane theatre until Saturday, October 24.