Great Expectations for latest production at Barn Theatre in Welwyn Garden City
THE Charles Dickens classic tale Great Expectations with contemporary re-styling is on at the Barn Theatre in WGC this week. This emotional play tells the story of Pip, a poor village lad, and his expectations of wealth. It aims to condense Dickens
THE Charles Dickens classic tale Great Expectations with "contemporary re-styling" is on at the Barn Theatre in WGC this week.
This emotional play tells the story of Pip, a poor village lad, and his expectations of wealth.
It aims to condense Dickens' "evocative language into moments of high drama".
The cast includes blacksmith Joe Gargery, the loyal convict Abel Magwitch and the haunting Miss Havisham - still dressed in the wedding gown she was wearing when jilted at the altar.
You may also want to watch:
Director Chris Bruce said: "This is a magical tale which the large and energetic cast boisterously tell.
"This is one of the best moments of theatre that we have ever done at the Barn.
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Post delayed due to staff self-isolating at Royal Mail
- 3 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 4 Three taken to hospital following 'head-on' collision
- 5 Isabel Hospice closed to new admissions due to staff sickness
- 6 Police disperse large group near the university
- 7 Armed police, helicopter and dogs search village after injured man taken to hospital
- 8 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 COVID-19: Cases fall by hundreds but still above national average
"It's a dark, brooding Dickensian story that uses all the elements of theatre in a way that all the family will greatly enjoy."
Tickets cost �9.75.
The show starts at 8pm.
It runs at the Handside Lane theatre until Saturday, October 24.