Great delivery as City Link celebrates 40 years in the parcel business
A DELIVERY company is celebrating its 40th anniversary in the business with a promise to continue its success. City Link, which has more than 85 depots across the country, including one in Welham Green, was first formed in 1969. In that time, it has grown
A DELIVERY company is celebrating its 40th anniversary in the business with a promise to continue its success.
City Link, which has more than 85 depots across the country, including one in Welham Green, was first formed in 1969.
In that time, it has grown into an express delivery service employing more than 6,000 people and delivering more than 350,000 parcels a day.
And to add to the good news, the company has announced a new �31m investment programme in technology, customer care and new depots.
You may also want to watch:
Mick Hegarty, general manager at the Travellers Lane depot, said: "We are very proud of the fact that City Link is celebrating its 40th anniversary in business.
"It is undoubtedly a fantastic achievement to be able to look back in business over four decades.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 5 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 6 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
"We pride ourselves on providing high quality, flexible and innovative service solutions to our local customers and we look forward to celebrating our Ruby anniversary year with them."
Stuart Godman, City Link's sales and marketing director, said: "Forty years in the parcel sector is quite a milestone.
"It's been a journey, and going forward we want to be celebrating another 40 years of continuous development with our many customers.
"There's very little good news out there at the moment, so any positivity is welcome and 40 years in business seemed a good time to celebrate.