Great delivery as City Link celebrates 40 years in the parcel business
A DELIVERY company is celebrating its 40th anniversary in the business with a promise to continue its success. City Link, which has more than 85 depots across the country, including one in Welham Green, was first formed in 1969. In that time, it has grown
A DELIVERY company is celebrating its 40th anniversary in the business with a promise to continue its success.
City Link, which has more than 85 depots across the country, including one in Welham Green, was first formed in 1969.
In that time, it has grown into an express delivery service employing more than 6,000 people and delivering more than 350,000 parcels a day.
And to add to the good news, the company has announced a new �31m investment programme in technology, customer care and new depots.
You may also want to watch:
Mick Hegarty, general manager at the Travellers Lane depot, said: "We are very proud of the fact that City Link is celebrating its 40th anniversary in business.
"It is undoubtedly a fantastic achievement to be able to look back in business over four decades.
- 1 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 7 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 8 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 9 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
"We pride ourselves on providing high quality, flexible and innovative service solutions to our local customers and we look forward to celebrating our Ruby anniversary year with them."
Stuart Godman, City Link's sales and marketing director, said: "Forty years in the parcel sector is quite a milestone.
"It's been a journey, and going forward we want to be celebrating another 40 years of continuous development with our many customers.
"There's very little good news out there at the moment, so any positivity is welcome and 40 years in business seemed a good time to celebrate.