Great delivery as City Link celebrates 40 years in the parcel business
A DELIVERY company is celebrating its 40th anniversary in the business with a promise to continue its success. City Link, which has more than 85 depots across the country, including one in Welham Green, was first formed in 1969. In that time, it has grown
A DELIVERY company is celebrating its 40th anniversary in the business with a promise to continue its success.
City Link, which has more than 85 depots across the country, including one in Welham Green, was first formed in 1969.
In that time, it has grown into an express delivery service employing more than 6,000 people and delivering more than 350,000 parcels a day.
And to add to the good news, the company has announced a new �31m investment programme in technology, customer care and new depots.
You may also want to watch:
Mick Hegarty, general manager at the Travellers Lane depot, said: "We are very proud of the fact that City Link is celebrating its 40th anniversary in business.
"It is undoubtedly a fantastic achievement to be able to look back in business over four decades.
- 1 'We were only open 20 days before the first lockdown' - First time restaurant owner optimistic after difficult first year
- 2 Ocado opens new development centre, creating 100 new jobs
- 3 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 4 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 5 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 6 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 7 Weight lifted as Slimming World classes return as COVID-19 restrictions ease
- 8 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 9 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 10 Delight for Hatfield Swim Centre as lockdown easing sees group classes return
"We pride ourselves on providing high quality, flexible and innovative service solutions to our local customers and we look forward to celebrating our Ruby anniversary year with them."
Stuart Godman, City Link's sales and marketing director, said: "Forty years in the parcel sector is quite a milestone.
"It's been a journey, and going forward we want to be celebrating another 40 years of continuous development with our many customers.
"There's very little good news out there at the moment, so any positivity is welcome and 40 years in business seemed a good time to celebrate.