Welwyn Hatfield MP calls for freeze on Gosling Sports Hall closure
- Credit: Danny Loo/Grant Shapps
Grant Shapps, MP for Welwyn Hatfield, has called on GLL to impose a moratorium on the closure of Gosling Sports Hall on March 31.
The MP sent a representative to the second of three public meetings today at Gosling Sports Park, as he is busy with Brexit-related matters in Westminster.
Gosling operator GLL is hosting three meetings this week to address public concern about the move, where campaigners also asked for a grace period.
He told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “I will be calling for a moratorium and have demanded an urgent meeting with GLL, who didn’t have the courtesy to inform me about this in advance of them sneaking it out on Christmas Eve.”
On Twitter yesterday he said he was ”extremely concerned” at the news.
You may also want to watch:
Updates to follow.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 3 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 4 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 8 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 New car park proposed for park