Gosling Sports Park celebrates 50 years in Welwyn Garden City
A LANDMARK sports complex celebrated its 50th birthday in style on Saturday. More than 1,000 people flocked to Gosling Sports Park, WGC, for an open day held to mark the occasion. A number of activities, including ski racing
A LANDMARK sports complex celebrated its 50th birthday in style on Saturday.
More than 1,000 people flocked to Gosling Sports Park, WGC, for an open day held to mark the occasion.
A number of activities, including ski racing, sports demonstrations and beauty therapy took place.
There was also a fundraising stall for Isabel Hospice and a buffet lunch for members and invited guests.
You may also want to watch:
One such guest was Philip Gosling, the son of park founder Reg Gosling.
Gosling commercial director Geoff Caine said the open day was a "great success".
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 3 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 4 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 5 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 What time will the election results come in?
- 8 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 9 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 10 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
"It was a great way to celebrate 50 years of the park," he said.
"There was something for everybody to do for all ages."
For more from Geoff and tto read the thoughts of Mr Gosling, see tomorrow's Welwyn & Hatfield Times