Gosling Sports Park celebrates 50 years in Welwyn Garden City
A LANDMARK sports complex celebrated its 50th birthday in style on Saturday. More than 1,000 people flocked to Gosling Sports Park, WGC, for an open day held to mark the occasion. A number of activities, including ski racing
A LANDMARK sports complex celebrated its 50th birthday in style on Saturday.
More than 1,000 people flocked to Gosling Sports Park, WGC, for an open day held to mark the occasion.
A number of activities, including ski racing, sports demonstrations and beauty therapy took place.
There was also a fundraising stall for Isabel Hospice and a buffet lunch for members and invited guests.
You may also want to watch:
One such guest was Philip Gosling, the son of park founder Reg Gosling.
Gosling commercial director Geoff Caine said the open day was a "great success".
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 4 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 7 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 8 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 9 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
"It was a great way to celebrate 50 years of the park," he said.
"There was something for everybody to do for all ages."
For more from Geoff and tto read the thoughts of Mr Gosling, see tomorrow's Welwyn & Hatfield Times