Gosling Sports Park celebrates 50 years in Welwyn Garden City
A LANDMARK sports complex celebrated its 50th birthday in style on Saturday. More than 1,000 people flocked to Gosling Sports Park, WGC, for an open day held to mark the occasion. A number of activities, including ski racing
A LANDMARK sports complex celebrated its 50th birthday in style on Saturday.
More than 1,000 people flocked to Gosling Sports Park, WGC, for an open day held to mark the occasion.
A number of activities, including ski racing, sports demonstrations and beauty therapy took place.
There was also a fundraising stall for Isabel Hospice and a buffet lunch for members and invited guests.
You may also want to watch:
One such guest was Philip Gosling, the son of park founder Reg Gosling.
Gosling commercial director Geoff Caine said the open day was a "great success".
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 7 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 8 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 9 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 10 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
"It was a great way to celebrate 50 years of the park," he said.
"There was something for everybody to do for all ages."
For more from Geoff and tto read the thoughts of Mr Gosling, see tomorrow's Welwyn & Hatfield Times