Gosling Sports Park celebrates 50 years in Welwyn Garden City
A LANDMARK sports complex celebrated its 50th birthday in style on Saturday. More than 1,000 people flocked to Gosling Sports Park, WGC, for an open day held to mark the occasion. A number of activities, including ski racing
A LANDMARK sports complex celebrated its 50th birthday in style on Saturday.
More than 1,000 people flocked to Gosling Sports Park, WGC, for an open day held to mark the occasion.
A number of activities, including ski racing, sports demonstrations and beauty therapy took place.
There was also a fundraising stall for Isabel Hospice and a buffet lunch for members and invited guests.
You may also want to watch:
One such guest was Philip Gosling, the son of park founder Reg Gosling.
Gosling commercial director Geoff Caine said the open day was a "great success".
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 9 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 10 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
"It was a great way to celebrate 50 years of the park," he said.
"There was something for everybody to do for all ages."
For more from Geoff and tto read the thoughts of Mr Gosling, see tomorrow's Welwyn & Hatfield Times