Gordon Ramsay backs Willow Foundation teapot auction
CELEBRITIES are going potty for a charity in Times Territory – by designing teapots that are available to buy in an auction starting today (Thursday). A fundraising campaign by the Old Hatfield-based Willow Foundation has seen the likes of celebrity chefs
CELEBRITIES are going potty for a charity in Times Territory - by designing teapots that are available to buy in an auction starting today (Thursday).
A fundraising campaign by the Old Hatfield-based Willow Foundation has seen the likes of celebrity chefs Gordon Ramsey, Gary Rhodes and Heston Blumenthal, comedian Victoria Wood and Arsenal footballers design teapots for an online auction in aid of the charity, which organises special days out for 16 to 40 year olds suffering from serious illness.
And you could own one of these unique creations simply by going online and bidding for the teapot of your choice.
There are creations from comedian Johnny Vegas, actress Pauline McLynn and a very special Dennis the Menace design by Beano illustrator Jimmy Glen - his final Dennis artwork before he retires.
You may also want to watch:
The auction is part of the foundation's Piece of Cake campaign, which encourages people across the country to hold a tea party for the charity with friends, family or work colleagues, in any location you like.
Former Arsenal goalkeeper Bob Wilson, who set up the charity with his wife Megs after their daughter Anna died of cancer in 1998, said: "Artists and celebrities have got creative to support Piece of Cake and we're sure that their unique one-off teapots will be a big hit. So get online and start bidding!"
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 7 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Foundation makes much-needed toy donation to Welwyn Garden City school
You can view all the teapots online now at www.willowfoundation.org.uk/teapots. The auction runs from today until July 5.
All proceeds go to the Willow Foundation.