Goodbye Hertbeat... hello Jack FM!
RADIO station Hertbeat FM has relaunched – with a new name.
106 Jack FM became the Old Knebworth-based station’s new brand at 8.05am this morning (Monday).
To mark the occasion, breakfast show host Steve Folland played Fantastic Day by Haircut 100.
Brett Harley, the station’s managing director said: “The feedback from listeners and advertisers gets better and better – however, the radio market in the south-east is full of Heart stations - and being Hertbeat we were often being grouped in the same category.
“So we decided to look at other names for the station. Leicester Sound, Rugby FM and BBC Leeds were all taken - so we picked ‘Jack FM’!”
You may also want to watch:
As well as WGC and Hatfield, the station also covers Stevenage, Hertford, Ware, Hitchin and Letchworth – and all villages inbetween.
Jack FM’s frequency remains unchanged: tune in to 106.7 or 106.9 FM.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 9 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog