Goodbye Hertbeat... hello Jack FM!
RADIO station Hertbeat FM has relaunched – with a new name.
106 Jack FM became the Old Knebworth-based station’s new brand at 8.05am this morning (Monday).
To mark the occasion, breakfast show host Steve Folland played Fantastic Day by Haircut 100.
Brett Harley, the station’s managing director said: “The feedback from listeners and advertisers gets better and better – however, the radio market in the south-east is full of Heart stations - and being Hertbeat we were often being grouped in the same category.
“So we decided to look at other names for the station. Leicester Sound, Rugby FM and BBC Leeds were all taken - so we picked ‘Jack FM’!”
You may also want to watch:
As well as WGC and Hatfield, the station also covers Stevenage, Hertford, Ware, Hitchin and Letchworth – and all villages inbetween.
Jack FM’s frequency remains unchanged: tune in to 106.7 or 106.9 FM.
- 1 Film crews spotted in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 You Me At Six to play headline show at Hatfield's Slam Dunk Festival site
- 4 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 5 Sherrardswood School hosts family day event
- 6 Northaw festivals bid rejected after summer of chaos
- 7 Campaigners call on BioPark developers to collaborate
- 8 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 9 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 10 Smart new kits for Welwyn's men who maintain unbeaten start to new hockey season