'Good Samaritan' steals Potters Bar mum's jewellery
A CALLOUS burglar stole a mother's gold wedding ring after pretending to be a Good Samaritan. The Irish man helped the woman on Tuesday who was struggling to get a pram though the front door of her home in The Walk, Potters Bar. Once inside, the thief as
A CALLOUS burglar stole a mother's gold wedding ring after pretending to be a Good Samaritan.
The Irish man helped the woman on Tuesday who was struggling to get a pram though the front door of her home in The Walk, Potters Bar.
Once inside, the thief asked if he could use the toilet and went upstairs.
About 30 minutes later the mum, who is in her 40s, heard the toilet flush and the man left the house.
You may also want to watch:
The victim then discovered he had stolen items of jewellery, including her wedding ring and a silver band engagement ring.
The suspect is described as white, of medium build, around 5ft 8in tall, with short brown hair.
- 1 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 3 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 4 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 5 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 6 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 7 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 10 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
He was wearing a brown jacket.
Pc Scott Curran said: "We are treating this incident very seriously and are appealing for witnesses who may have information, or who saw a man in the area acting suspiciously at the time, to come forward.
"We would also ask people to get in touch if they are offered jewellery for sale by someone."
Anyone with information should call police on 0845 33 00 222.