'Good Samaritan' steals Potters Bar mum's jewellery
A CALLOUS burglar stole a mother's gold wedding ring after pretending to be a Good Samaritan. The Irish man helped the woman on Tuesday who was struggling to get a pram though the front door of her home in The Walk, Potters Bar. Once inside, the thief as
A CALLOUS burglar stole a mother's gold wedding ring after pretending to be a Good Samaritan.
The Irish man helped the woman on Tuesday who was struggling to get a pram though the front door of her home in The Walk, Potters Bar.
Once inside, the thief asked if he could use the toilet and went upstairs.
About 30 minutes later the mum, who is in her 40s, heard the toilet flush and the man left the house.
You may also want to watch:
The victim then discovered he had stolen items of jewellery, including her wedding ring and a silver band engagement ring.
The suspect is described as white, of medium build, around 5ft 8in tall, with short brown hair.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 3 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 6 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 9 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 10 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
He was wearing a brown jacket.
Pc Scott Curran said: "We are treating this incident very seriously and are appealing for witnesses who may have information, or who saw a man in the area acting suspiciously at the time, to come forward.
"We would also ask people to get in touch if they are offered jewellery for sale by someone."
Anyone with information should call police on 0845 33 00 222.