'Good Samaritan' steals Potters Bar mum's jewellery
A CALLOUS burglar stole a mother's gold wedding ring after pretending to be a Good Samaritan. The Irish man helped the woman on Tuesday who was struggling to get a pram though the front door of her home in The Walk, Potters Bar. Once inside, the thief as
A CALLOUS burglar stole a mother's gold wedding ring after pretending to be a Good Samaritan.
The Irish man helped the woman on Tuesday who was struggling to get a pram though the front door of her home in The Walk, Potters Bar.
Once inside, the thief asked if he could use the toilet and went upstairs.
About 30 minutes later the mum, who is in her 40s, heard the toilet flush and the man left the house.
The victim then discovered he had stolen items of jewellery, including her wedding ring and a silver band engagement ring.
The suspect is described as white, of medium build, around 5ft 8in tall, with short brown hair.
- 1 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 2 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 3 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 4 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
- 5 Tournament's return brings huge joy to Welwyn Garden City Youth Football Club
- 6 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 7 Mother and daughter from WGC team up to offer food packages to struggling locals
- 8 Fifteen-year-old boy hospitalised after reported stabbing in Hatfield
- 9 Toyota drove ‘erratically’ during suspected drug-fuelled trip in Hatfield
- 10 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
He was wearing a brown jacket.
Pc Scott Curran said: "We are treating this incident very seriously and are appealing for witnesses who may have information, or who saw a man in the area acting suspiciously at the time, to come forward.
"We would also ask people to get in touch if they are offered jewellery for sale by someone."
Anyone with information should call police on 0845 33 00 222.