'Good Samaritan' steals Potters Bar mum's jewellery
A CALLOUS burglar stole a mother's gold wedding ring after pretending to be a Good Samaritan. The Irish man helped the woman on Tuesday who was struggling to get a pram though the front door of her home in The Walk, Potters Bar. Once inside, the thief as
A CALLOUS burglar stole a mother's gold wedding ring after pretending to be a Good Samaritan.
The Irish man helped the woman on Tuesday who was struggling to get a pram though the front door of her home in The Walk, Potters Bar.
Once inside, the thief asked if he could use the toilet and went upstairs.
About 30 minutes later the mum, who is in her 40s, heard the toilet flush and the man left the house.
You may also want to watch:
The victim then discovered he had stolen items of jewellery, including her wedding ring and a silver band engagement ring.
The suspect is described as white, of medium build, around 5ft 8in tall, with short brown hair.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 7 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 8 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 9 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 10 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
He was wearing a brown jacket.
Pc Scott Curran said: "We are treating this incident very seriously and are appealing for witnesses who may have information, or who saw a man in the area acting suspiciously at the time, to come forward.
"We would also ask people to get in touch if they are offered jewellery for sale by someone."
Anyone with information should call police on 0845 33 00 222.