Golfer Pauline rakes in the cash for Welwyn Garden City-based charity
GOOD sport Pauline Maile has been raking in the cash for a local charity. Pauline, past ladies captain at Mill Green Golf Club, has raised over �3,500 for WGC-based Hertfordshire Action on Disability. Pauline, from Welwyn, organised a quiz night last yea
GOOD sport Pauline Maile has been raking in the cash for a local charity.
Pauline, past ladies' captain at Mill Green Golf Club, has raised over �3,500 for WGC-based Hertfordshire Action on Disability.
Pauline, from Welwyn, organised a quiz night last year that attracted over 20 teams and made nearly �1,000.
Now she's raised a further �2,600 from other events.
You may also want to watch:
These include raffles, putting and nine-hole competitions and a share out of money taken from an unlucky bunker on the tricky par three 18th.
"I bumped into HAD director Edna Stephens last year and she told me that the charity was celebrating its 50th anniversary," Pauline explained.
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 4 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 5 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 6 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 7 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 8 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told
- 9 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 10 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
"It was then I decided they would be my chosen charity for my captain's year.