Golfer Pauline rakes in the cash for Welwyn Garden City-based charity
GOOD sport Pauline Maile has been raking in the cash for a local charity. Pauline, past ladies captain at Mill Green Golf Club, has raised over �3,500 for WGC-based Hertfordshire Action on Disability. Pauline, from Welwyn, organised a quiz night last yea
GOOD sport Pauline Maile has been raking in the cash for a local charity.
Pauline, past ladies' captain at Mill Green Golf Club, has raised over �3,500 for WGC-based Hertfordshire Action on Disability.
Pauline, from Welwyn, organised a quiz night last year that attracted over 20 teams and made nearly �1,000.
Now she's raised a further �2,600 from other events.
You may also want to watch:
These include raffles, putting and nine-hole competitions and a share out of money taken from an unlucky bunker on the tricky par three 18th.
"I bumped into HAD director Edna Stephens last year and she told me that the charity was celebrating its 50th anniversary," Pauline explained.
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
- 7 Reis Suart becomes first county champion from Welwyn Garden City in over three decades
- 8 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 9 Student union apologises after controversial ‘Solidarity with Palestine’ post
- 10 Mother speaks out after garden centre breastfeeding dispute 'mishandled at every stage'
"It was then I decided they would be my chosen charity for my captain's year.