Go wild in the country at Bramfest
WITH over 20 class acts from across the country, a magic little music festival takes place next weekend. Those lovely people in Bramfield, near Datchworth, have invited an eclectic, summery bunch of artists to the fourth Bramfest at the village on Saturd
WITH over 20 class acts from across the country, a magic little music festival takes place next weekend.
Those lovely people in Bramfield, near Datchworth, have invited an eclectic, summery bunch of artists to the fourth Bramfest at the village on Saturday, June 20, to play a wide range of music from lo-fi to hip-hop to 60s pop.
Acts appearing across the main stage and acoustic tent include the popsicle-melting tunes of Ivan Campo and the sweet quirky ukulele sounds of Sandra And The Memory Machine.
There's also soulful yet spiky indie-rock from Brixton's The Thirst, and Gideon Conn's inventive, shimmering hip-hop.
You may also want to watch:
And for those of you who fancy penning your own songs, Benny Gallagher, who has written for Simon and Garfunkel, Bryan Ferry and Ricky Nelson, is holding a three-hour workshop before he himself gets up on stage.
Gates open at noon, with the first band on a 1pm, and the festival closes at 11pm. Tickets cost �12, with under-13s free when accompanied by an adult.
- 1 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 2 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 3 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 4 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 5 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 6 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 7 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 10 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
The songwriting workshop is �50 and gets you free entry to the festival.
To find out more go to www.bramfest.com