Go wild in the country at Bramfest
WITH over 20 class acts from across the country, a magic little music festival takes place next weekend. Those lovely people in Bramfield, near Datchworth, have invited an eclectic, summery bunch of artists to the fourth Bramfest at the village on Saturd
WITH over 20 class acts from across the country, a magic little music festival takes place next weekend.
Those lovely people in Bramfield, near Datchworth, have invited an eclectic, summery bunch of artists to the fourth Bramfest at the village on Saturday, June 20, to play a wide range of music from lo-fi to hip-hop to 60s pop.
Acts appearing across the main stage and acoustic tent include the popsicle-melting tunes of Ivan Campo and the sweet quirky ukulele sounds of Sandra And The Memory Machine.
There's also soulful yet spiky indie-rock from Brixton's The Thirst, and Gideon Conn's inventive, shimmering hip-hop.
You may also want to watch:
And for those of you who fancy penning your own songs, Benny Gallagher, who has written for Simon and Garfunkel, Bryan Ferry and Ricky Nelson, is holding a three-hour workshop before he himself gets up on stage.
Gates open at noon, with the first band on a 1pm, and the festival closes at 11pm. Tickets cost �12, with under-13s free when accompanied by an adult.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
The songwriting workshop is �50 and gets you free entry to the festival.
To find out more go to www.bramfest.com