Ghosts in the Attic at the Forum
PSYCHEDELIC Manchester five-piece Cherry Ghost are on a high after their second album, launched earlier this year, was greeted with critical acclaim.
And it’s clear from speaking to vocalist Simon Aldred ahead of their gig in Hatfield next week that the LP, entitled Beneath This Burning Shoreline, is a work of which they’re very proud.
“I don’t think I have seen one review where it’s been given below four or five stars,” he said.
“The reaction has been very, very positive.”
Simon, 34, admitted that he and his bandmates, namely Jim Rhodes (guitar), Ben Parsons (keyboards), Grenville Harrop (drums) and Phill Anderson (bass), were looking forward to their show at the Forum’s Attic on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
“I am sure it will be wonderful,” he said.
“Most gigs we play are generally pretty good and it will be nice to play the songs in front of people who have bought the album.”
- 1 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Welwyn Garden City Hockey Club pushing for more girls to play in centenary season
- 5 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 6 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 7 Welwyn continue meteoric rise up the table as Owais Shah takes centre stage again
- 8 Heroic dogs win Royal Veterinary College award
- 9 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 10 Brookmans Park Golf Club delighted with all aspects of a great club championship day
Simon also emphasised how vital lives shows were to the group.
“They are very important because they are the natural arena for the songs,” he said.
“Recorded versions are great but you can’t really get a sense of a band until you have seen them up front.”
The show, which will be staged in The Attic, at the Forum in College Lane, starts at 7pm.
Tickets cost �10 and are available from Ticketweb.
For more information about the band, click on the links above.