Ghosts in the Attic at the Forum
PSYCHEDELIC Manchester five-piece Cherry Ghost are on a high after their second album, launched earlier this year, was greeted with critical acclaim.
And it’s clear from speaking to vocalist Simon Aldred ahead of their gig in Hatfield next week that the LP, entitled Beneath This Burning Shoreline, is a work of which they’re very proud.
“I don’t think I have seen one review where it’s been given below four or five stars,” he said.
“The reaction has been very, very positive.”
Simon, 34, admitted that he and his bandmates, namely Jim Rhodes (guitar), Ben Parsons (keyboards), Grenville Harrop (drums) and Phill Anderson (bass), were looking forward to their show at the Forum’s Attic on Monday.
“I am sure it will be wonderful,” he said.
“Most gigs we play are generally pretty good and it will be nice to play the songs in front of people who have bought the album.”
- 1 LIVE: Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield A-level results 2022
- 2 Hunt for stolen labrador puppy from Welwyn Garden City
- 3 Overgrown country lane 'is danger' to users, says mother
- 4 Disney's Encanto, The Greatest Showman and Spider-Man movie set for free outdoor cinema in Welwyn Garden City town centre
- 5 Which Thameslink trains are running during the RMT strike?
- 6 5 things to do on a rainy day in Hertfordshire
- 7 Campaigners hit out at Spectator’s ‘the folly of garden cities’ piece
- 8 A-level results 2022: What should my next steps be?
- 9 Police 'concerned for welfare' of missing Hertfordshire teenager
- 10 Red panda Tilly gives birth to ‘miracle’ cub at Paradise Wildlife Park one month after passing of partner Nam Pang
Simon also emphasised how vital lives shows were to the group.
“They are very important because they are the natural arena for the songs,” he said.
“Recorded versions are great but you can’t really get a sense of a band until you have seen them up front.”
The show, which will be staged in The Attic, at the Forum in College Lane, starts at 7pm.
Tickets cost �10 and are available from Ticketweb.
For more information about the band, click on the links above.