Ghosts in the Attic at the Forum
PSYCHEDELIC Manchester five-piece Cherry Ghost are on a high after their second album, launched earlier this year, was greeted with critical acclaim.
And it’s clear from speaking to vocalist Simon Aldred ahead of their gig in Hatfield next week that the LP, entitled Beneath This Burning Shoreline, is a work of which they’re very proud.
“I don’t think I have seen one review where it’s been given below four or five stars,” he said.
“The reaction has been very, very positive.”
Simon, 34, admitted that he and his bandmates, namely Jim Rhodes (guitar), Ben Parsons (keyboards), Grenville Harrop (drums) and Phill Anderson (bass), were looking forward to their show at the Forum’s Attic on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
“I am sure it will be wonderful,” he said.
“Most gigs we play are generally pretty good and it will be nice to play the songs in front of people who have bought the album.”
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 3 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 6 New Local Plan timetable aims for summer deadline
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 'So much for grassroots tennis' - Price hike at Gosling Sports Park sparks ire
- 9 Two more acts added to Hatfield music festival's 'line-up of headliners' for 2022
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
Simon also emphasised how vital lives shows were to the group.
“They are very important because they are the natural arena for the songs,” he said.
“Recorded versions are great but you can’t really get a sense of a band until you have seen them up front.”
The show, which will be staged in The Attic, at the Forum in College Lane, starts at 7pm.
Tickets cost �10 and are available from Ticketweb.
For more information about the band, click on the links above.