Getaway driver hunted after Welwyn Garden City robbery
DETECTIVES are hunting a getaway driver they now believe was involved in armed robbery in WGC.
Six shopworkers were tied up as two masked gunmen raided the Somerfield in Woodhall Parade last Tuesday.
The unusually large quantity of cash, thought to be almost �50,000 of the Christmas takings, was stolen during the attack.
The raid took place at 6am as staff arrived for work; they were threatened with a handgun, bound and the safe was emptied.
Police now believe the men ran off towards Burgundy Croft and into Longlands Road, where a getaway driver was waiting.
You may also want to watch:
No details of the car have yet been released and detectives are keen to speak to a dogwalker in Longlands Road at the time, who may have seen the armed robbers, described as balaclava-clad black men, escape.
Witnesses are asked to call police on 0845 33 00 222.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM