Get your walking boots on for Macmillan
IT’S time to get your walking boots on to raise money for charity.
That is the message from Welwyn-based Macmillan Cancer Support, which is in its centenary year.
The charity’s Walk With Us initiative is urging people to get out and explore everything the British countryside has to offer.
Whether it’s one mile or 100 miles, Macmillan has plenty of opportunities for people to get their trainers and boots on.
There are walks organised locally across the country throughout the year, from casual strolls for the whole family to full-on challenges with some even at night.
You may also want to watch:
Walks can be found at www.macmillan.org.uk/walking or you can follow the links on the site to organise your own walk.
The Hertfordshire Macmillan fundraising team are organising the Countryside Walk in Bishop’s Stortford on October 9, sponsored by David Lee estate agents and supported by Boots.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Thanks Dad! WHT readers send 2,500 Father's Day messages
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
There are three choices of routes – 5, 10 and 15 miles – to choose from.
There are many ways to get involved with the programme of organised walks, ranging from donating time to providing services and items for supporters on the day.
Your support can make a real difference, you could help by: volunteering as a route marshal, helping out with registering people on the day serving refreshments to participants, meeting and greeting walkers and providing supplies for the event.
There may also be an opportunity to become an events volunteer and help with the organisation of the walk with the fundraising team prior to the event.
If you are interested in taking part in a walk or supporting Macmillan as a walk volunteer contact Kerry Briars on 01438 712012 or email firstname.lastname@example.org