Get your goat at RSPCA's Southridge centre
ALBERT the goat is the latest arrival to grace the grounds of the RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre, in South Mimms. The three-year-old was found astray in Essex and captured by RSPCA inspectors who then waited for his owners to come forward. Sadly, no one
ALBERT the goat is the latest arrival to grace the grounds of the RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre, in South Mimms.
The three-year-old was found astray in Essex and captured by RSPCA inspectors who then waited for his owners to come forward.
Sadly, no one has claimed the animal and so a new home and family are being sought for him.
Anna White, manager of the Packhorse Lane animal centre told the WHT: "Albert is now an orphan looking for a new family to call his own.
You may also want to watch:
"As you can see from the picture he is a very handsome chap."
Ms White added: "He is a very friendly goat, jumping up at the fence and calling to you every time you walk past.
- 1 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 2 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 3 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 6 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 7 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 8 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 9 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 10 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
"Goats are very intelligent animals and do make good pets."
Albert needs a lot of space to run around in and a nice warm, safe and secure shelter to go into at night and during bad weather conditions.
The animal would be best suited to a home with other goats.
* If you can offer Albert the goat a new start in life, call the animal care home on 0300 123 0704.
Alternatively you can visit the centre which is open every day, except Wednesdays, from 11am until 4.15pm.