Get your goat at RSPCA's Southridge centre
ALBERT the goat is the latest arrival to grace the grounds of the RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre, in South Mimms. The three-year-old was found astray in Essex and captured by RSPCA inspectors who then waited for his owners to come forward. Sadly, no one
ALBERT the goat is the latest arrival to grace the grounds of the RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre, in South Mimms.
The three-year-old was found astray in Essex and captured by RSPCA inspectors who then waited for his owners to come forward.
Sadly, no one has claimed the animal and so a new home and family are being sought for him.
Anna White, manager of the Packhorse Lane animal centre told the WHT: "Albert is now an orphan looking for a new family to call his own.
You may also want to watch:
"As you can see from the picture he is a very handsome chap."
Ms White added: "He is a very friendly goat, jumping up at the fence and calling to you every time you walk past.
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 5 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 8 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 9 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 10 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
"Goats are very intelligent animals and do make good pets."
Albert needs a lot of space to run around in and a nice warm, safe and secure shelter to go into at night and during bad weather conditions.
The animal would be best suited to a home with other goats.
* If you can offer Albert the goat a new start in life, call the animal care home on 0300 123 0704.
Alternatively you can visit the centre which is open every day, except Wednesdays, from 11am until 4.15pm.