Get running for Hertfordshire Air Ambulance
RUNNERS of all levels are being sought to take part in a 5k fun Rotor Run next month in aid of Herts Air Ambulance.
The charity is holding its second annual Rotor Run – being sponsored by the Welwyn Hatfield Times’ parent media group, Archant – at Fairlands Valley Park in Stevenage on Sunday, September 26.
As well as the main run, mums and toddlers are invited to take part in an easy Rotor Roam around the lake.
The event opens at 10am with the run starting an hour later and there will be plenty of entertainment and refreshments to keep everyone amused.
Entry is free to the family fun day with attractions including a climbing wall, bouncy castles and an opportunity to see the air ambulance up close and meet the crew.
You may also want to watch:
The Rotor Run and Rotor Roam coincide with National Walk for Life Day, which promotes the fact that walking is a simple way to stay healthy.
Registration fee for the Rotor Run is �7 per person – �5 for members of affiliated running clubs – and �5 for one adult and up to three children for the Rotor Roam.
- 1 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 2 Meet the man driving a tractor 270 miles from Cornwall to Codicote
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 July 19: Extended restrictions will bring 'big costs' to our businesses
- 6 Would you quit drinking and smoking?
- 7 100 not out for centenarian Gladys
- 8 Businesses react as relaxation of Covid restrictions delayed to July 19
- 9 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 10 Heroic dogs win Royal Veterinary College award
All participants will receive a registration pack, plus a Rotor Roam hat for the children taking part, as well as a free T-shirt which will be available for collection on the day.
* To pre-register online visit the air ambulance website by clicking the link above right, or for general enquiries call the fundraising office on 0845 504 0055.