Get ready for Macmillan’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning in Welwyn Hatfield
THE 20th Macmillan’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning is set to be the biggest ever.
In Hertfordshire last year more than 1,000 people hosted a coffee morning and �160,000 was donated to Macmillan Cancer Support, which improves the lives of people affected by cancer by providing practical, medical, emotional and financial support.
This year’s event is scheduled for Friday, September 24.
A launch event was held by the charity’s fundraising team at Hatfield House on Wednesday to encourage people to get sign up and get involved.
Fundraising manager Kerry Briars said: “The event is in its 20th year this year and we know it is going to be even bigger and better than ever before.
You may also want to watch:
“The World’s Biggest Coffee Morning is the UK’s third largest fundraising event, it really is a great way of helping improve people’s lives – and what could be more fun than drinking coffee, eating cakes and catching up with friends!”
To register to take part call 0845 602 1246.
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 3 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 4 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 7 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys on BBC Two visits Hertfordshire this week
- 10 Drug trafficker guilty of 'cruel and tragic' Cameron Hill murder
For other ways to support the charity call 01438 712012.