General Election: Shapps holds Welwyn Hatfield
Conservative Grant Shapps has been elected Welwyn Hatfield MP for a second term by a landslide.
The victory puts the Tory dad-of-three back into Westminster with an increased majority.
The result is:
Conservative Grant Shapps 27,894
Labour Mike Hobday 10,471
You may also want to watch:
Liberal Democrats Paul Zukowskyj 8,010
Green Jill Weston 796
- 1 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 2 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 3 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 4 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 5 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 6 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 7 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 8 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 9 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 10 Man found with head injuries following assault
Independent Nigel Parker 158
UKIP David Platt 1,643