General Election: Shapps holds Welwyn Hatfield
Conservative Grant Shapps has been elected Welwyn Hatfield MP for a second term by a landslide.
The victory puts the Tory dad-of-three back into Westminster with an increased majority.
The result is:
Conservative Grant Shapps 27,894
Labour Mike Hobday 10,471
You may also want to watch:
Liberal Democrats Paul Zukowskyj 8,010
Green Jill Weston 796
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
Independent Nigel Parker 158
UKIP David Platt 1,643