General Election: Shapps holds Welwyn Hatfield
Conservative Grant Shapps has been elected Welwyn Hatfield MP for a second term by a landslide.
The victory puts the Tory dad-of-three back into Westminster with an increased majority.
The result is:
Conservative Grant Shapps 27,894
Labour Mike Hobday 10,471
You may also want to watch:
Liberal Democrats Paul Zukowskyj 8,010
Green Jill Weston 796
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 6 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
Independent Nigel Parker 158
UKIP David Platt 1,643